testng-failed.xml only contain failed test from last run xml

testng-failed.xml only contain failed test from last run xml

Brajesh Kumar
Hi

I am running selenium test through testng suite but after execution when testng-failed.xml  is generated it only contain failed test from last suite (uiGlobalFundRaising.xml). I am using testng version 6.9.10

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<suite name="Pac8RegressionTest">
        <listeners>
            <listener class-name="com.pac8.core.common.Listener"></listener>
        </listeners>

        <suite-files>
            <suite-file path="TestXML/UI/ClientAdmin/uiGlobalClientAdmin.xml" />
        </suite-files>

        <suite-files>
            <suite-file path="TestXML/UI/Fundraising/FunderPressure/uiGlobalFundRaising.xml" />
        </suite-files>

Re: testng-failed.xml only contain failed test from last run xml

Krishnan Mahadevan
Since a suite of suites is being executed, if there are failures, then your expectation of seeing a suite of suites (if needed) for testng-failed.xml makes sense. I would regard it as a bug.

Can you please log it here : https://github.com/cbeust/testng/issues