Quantcast

[testng-dev] TestNG dependency

Nat

[testng-dev] TestNG dependency

Nat
testng 6.9.4 show only two required dependencies
  • org.beanshell:bsh:2.0b4
  • com.beust:jcommander:1.48

while testng 6.9.9 shows up a lot more dependencies

  • org.apache.ant:ant:1.7.0
  • junit:junit:4.10
  • org.beanshell:bsh:2.0b4
  • com.google.inject:guice:no_aop:4.0
  • com.beust:jcommander:1.48
  • org.yaml:snakeyaml:1.15

This seem to cause maven enforcer to fail since there are duplicated version conflict with hamcrest and guice I have. I tried  to exclude guice via <exclusion /> tag in maven, but it does not seem to work with this guice dependency seems to have a classifier no_aop.

Was the dependency change intentional?

[testng-dev] Re: TestNG dependency

Julien Herr
TestNG build tool changed from maven to gradle few versions ago.

Sadly, gradle doesn't support "optional" dependencies easily which explains you have more dependencies than before.

BTW, you can fix your problem with exclusions like you did. Just add a <classifier> tag on the guice exclusion. It should work.

Nat

[testng-dev] Re: TestNG dependency

Nat
Maybe this plugin can help?
https://github.com/nebula-plugins/gradle-extra-configurations-plugin

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 2:40:32 PM UTC-7, Nat wrote:
testng 6.9.4 show only two required dependencies
  • org.beanshell:bsh:2.0b4
  • com.beust:jcommander:1.48

while testng 6.9.9 shows up a lot more dependencies

  • org.apache.ant:ant:1.7.0
  • junit:junit:4.10
  • org.beanshell:bsh:2.0b4
  • com.google.inject:guice:no_aop:4.0
  • com.beust:jcommander:1.48
  • org.yaml:snakeyaml:1.15

This seem to cause maven enforcer to fail since there are duplicated version conflict with hamcrest and guice I have. I tried  to exclude guice via <exclusion /> tag in maven, but it does not seem to work with this guice dependency seems to have a classifier no_aop.

Was the dependency change intentional?

[testng-dev] Re: TestNG dependency

Julien Herr
Yes, he could work.