[testng-dev] Skipped test methods in sibling classes after exception in configuration methods

[testng-dev] Skipped test methods in sibling classes after exception in configuration methods

Jan Mewes
Hi,

we are building a test framework around TestNG and Selenium. There it happened that all succeeding test cases have been skipped after an exception occurred in one of the configuration methods the subclass (in particular @AfterMethod).

The files in the attachment represent a minimal version of our problem. We have a common base class for all our test classes. One of the specialized test classes contains an @AfterClass configuration method in which an exception occurs. This leads to the problem that the test methods in the sibling test classes will be skipped. If there is no additional @AfterClass method in the base class, which has nothing to do with the failing method, the test method in the other test class will be executed as expected. With @AfterMethod is principle is analogous.

Can I create a bug ticket on GitHub for this issue?

Thanks for consideration!

Jan Mewes
--
ePages GmbH
Junior Software Developer

skipped-test-methods.zip (1K) Download Attachment