[testng-dev] No tests are run if "packages" used in testng.xml and a "+" sign occurs in the tests path

[testng-dev] No tests are run if "packages" used in testng.xml and a "+" sign occurs in the tests path

Thomas Ryabin
Hello,

It seems that if I configure my testng.xml file to test a certain package, then no tests will be run if the path to the tests contains a '+' character.

I have attached a sample project to reproduce the bug. I reproduce this bug using Windows 7 64-bit, Java 7, and Cygwin. To reproduce:

1.) Extract the contents of testng_bugtest.zip to a directory whose full path does not contain a '+' character.
2.) CD into "testng_bugtest" and run the command:
 java -cp "./lib/testng/*;./build" org.testng.TestNG ./conf/testng.xml

You will see that 2 tests are run succesfully.

3.) Rename "testng_bugtest" to "testng+bugtest".
4.) CD into "testng+bugtest" and run the command:
 java -cp "./lib/testng/*;./build" org.testng.TestNG ./conf/testng.xml

You will see that no tests will be run. I observed this problem on a Linux machine as well.

-Thomas

testng_bugtest.zip (1M) Download Attachment