Quantcast

[testng-dev] Logback appender for TestNG Reporter

[testng-dev] Logback appender for TestNG Reporter

Scott Babcock
https://github.com/sbabcoc/logback-testng

I just published a Logback appender that enables users to direct the Logback output from TestNG tests to the TestNG Reporter. This allows authors of TestNG tests and libraries to use Logback for their informational / diagnostic messages, and to have these messages included with the result records captured by TestNG for each test.

I've already opened an enhancement request to add support for custom Reporter implementations, but this should be relatively easy to implement.

[testng-dev] Re: Logback appender for TestNG Reporter

Julien Herr
Great! :)

It popped in my timeline yesterday and I've already added it to the list: https://github.com/cbeust/testng/wiki/3rd-party-extensions#reporters

Le mardi 17 janvier 2017 22:53:07 UTC+1, Scott Babcock a écrit :
https://github.com/sbabcoc/logback-testng

I just published a Logback appender that enables users to direct the Logback output from TestNG tests to the TestNG Reporter. This allows authors of TestNG tests and libraries to use Logback for their informational / diagnostic messages, and to have these messages included with the result records captured by TestNG for each test.

I've already opened an enhancement request to add support for custom Reporter implementations, but this should be relatively easy to implement.

[testng-dev] Re: Logback appender for TestNG Reporter

Scott Babcock
Thanks for the speedy action! The category "Reporter" isn't quite right, though. This component is a Logback appender that sends its output to the standard TestNG Reporter. Perhaps the category name should be "Reporters/Loggers".

[testng-dev] Re: Logback appender for TestNG Reporter

Julien Herr
Why not, feel free to modify it: it's open and I'm not good at find names :)