[testng-dev] Groups annotation not working as expected when defined in groups of groups

[testng-dev] Groups annotation not working as expected when defined in groups of groups

preetham dommata

Attachment 1: [NewTest.java] Refers to the TestNG class where 3 methods are assigned with "funtest" and "checkintest" groups.
And [NewFile.XML] XML file, where "funtest" is included and "checkintest" is excluded under groups tag.

Attachment2:  [NewTest.java] Refers to the TestNG class where 3 methods are assigned with "funtest" and "checkintest" groups.
And [NewFile.XML] XML file, where "funtest" is included and "checkintest" is excluded and these are defined by group name "fun-checkin".

Expected: When the files in both the attachements are exeucted, the solution should be same. As we are using the groups directly in the first case and where as we are defining the same in the second class.

Actual Result:  The results are differing in both the cases. Correct solution is observed when the files in Attachment are executed where as not able to observe the same when executed using Attachment2.
Kindly look into this and let me know the solution.

Let me know incase if you need any further details.

Thanks & Regards,
Preetham Dommata

Attachments1.zip (1K) Download Attachment
Attachments2.zip (1K) Download Attachment