[testng-dev] Deprecated getDefault

Jori
Hi.

I posted a question in users list about the specific case I have but in general has something been planned about getDefault of TestNG class? It's been deprecated for 10 years and it seems like a only way to us to get TestNG instance of, for example Maven Surefire plugin. Is it actually going to get removed / replaced at some point by something which makes similar things possible? Or is it going to stay (taking into account it has been 10 years deprecated)? Or is there some better way to programmatically access Surefire's TestNG instance which is main reason we are interested in getDefault?

Re: [testng-dev] Deprecated getDefault

Cédric Beust ♔-2
At this point, I'm probably not going to remove it.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:38 AM, Jori <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

I posted a question in users list about the specific case I have but in general has something been planned about getDefault of TestNG class? It's been deprecated for 10 years and it seems like a only way to us to get TestNG instance of, for example Maven Surefire plugin. Is it actually going to get removed / replaced at some point by something which makes similar things possible? Or is it going to stay (taking into account it has been 10 years deprecated)? Or is there some better way to programmatically access Surefire's TestNG instance which is main reason we are interested in getDefault?

Re: [testng-dev] Deprecated getDefault

Mark Derricutt

Is it worth removing any @Deprecated tags then?

--
Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net

[testng-dev] Re: Deprecated getDefault

Jori
Removing deprecated flag would be great if it's not going to be removed. Makes using it much less scary when IDE doesn't strike text telling you shouldn't use this. :) Thanks for answer!