[testng-dev] Avoid repetition of tests

Alberto Navarro
I was wondering if there is any way using testng of avoiding execution
of tests if any of the files has change since the last execution. If
some conditions were reached, we can certainly avoid repeating tests
that are going to deterministicaly success or fail.

If this doesn't exist, I'd like to colaborate to get this done.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Re: [testng-dev] Avoid repetition of tests

Tomek Kaczanowski-3
Gradle is quite smart when it comes to building/executing only what
should be built/executed.

--
Regards / Pozdrawiam
Tomek Kaczanowski

2012/3/5 Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]>:

> This is more the job of a build tool than TestNG, in my opinion.

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Alberto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if there is any way using testng of avoiding execution
>> of tests if any of the files has change since the last execution. If
>> some conditions were reached, we can certainly avoid repeating tests
>> that are going to deterministicaly success or fail.
>>
>> If this doesn't exist, I'd like to colaborate to get this done.
>>
>> Looking forward to hearing from you

[testng-dev] Re: Avoid repetition of tests

Alberto Navarro
Thanks for your opinion, I will take a look to Gradle, but we are
using Maven to work..

On Mar 5, 7:42 pm, Tomek Kaczanowski <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Gradle is quite smart when it comes to building/executing only what
> should be built/executed.
>
> --
> Regards / Pozdrawiam
> Tomek Kaczanowskihttp://kaczanowscy.pl/tomek
>
> 2012/3/5 Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]>:
>

> > This is more the job of a build tool than TestNG, in my opinion.
>
> > --
> > Cédric
>
> > On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Alberto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >> I was wondering if there is any way using testng of avoiding execution
> >> of tests if any of the files has change since the last execution. If
> >> some conditions were reached, we can certainly avoid repeating tests
> >> that are going to deterministicaly success or fail.
>
> >> If this doesn't exist, I'd like to colaborate to get this done.
>
> >> Looking forward to hearing from you

Re: [testng-dev] Re: Avoid repetition of tests

Mark Derricutt

One problem I've seen with these conditional test runners is that if you use testngs dependencies then you can end up with strange results due to classes not being included.

So your milage may vary...

-- Sent from an Android

wrote:
> Gradle is quite smart when it comes to building/executing only what
> should be built/executed.
>
> --
> Regards / Pozdrawiam
> Tomek Kaczanowskihttp://kaczanowscy.pl/tomek
>
> 2012/3/5 Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]>:
>

> > This is more the job of a build tool than TestNG, in my opinion.
>
> > --
> > Cédric
>
> > On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Alberto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >> I was wondering if there is any way using testng of avoiding execution
> >> of tests if any of the files has change since the last execution. If
> >> some conditions were reached, we can certainly avoid repeating tests
> >> that are going to deterministicaly success or fail.
>
> >> If this doesn't exist, I'd like to colaborate to get this done.
>
> >> Looking forward to hearing from you

Re: [testng-dev] Re: Avoid repetition of tests

Alberto Navarro
Yes, I'd have to take care of dependencies, and hierarky, and resources, and maybe an annotation for "this tests is not deterministic" (They shouldn't exist, but they do).

I am not in a hurry with this, it is only a personal project.