[testng-dev] Asserts Count in report

Raja Nagendra Kumar
Hi,

In testcases, along with counting test methods, it is more essential to
count the asserts in the test method.
Would it be possible for TestNG to enhance to count number of asserts and
classification of asserts if boolean, string comparison etc..

Same if captured in html reporter like currently it captures time taken for
each method.. it would be of high value.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com
- Test Automation for Business Speed & Certainty

Re: [testng-dev] Asserts Count in report

Cédric Beust ♔-2
The current beta supports a new kind of assertions that allows you to do this (just create your own assert class):

However, I would need to add support for this in the reports as well.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Raja Nagendra Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

In testcases, along with counting test methods, it is more essential to
count the asserts in the test method.
Would it be possible for TestNG to enhance to count number of asserts and
classification of asserts if boolean, string comparison etc..

Same if captured in html reporter like currently it captures time taken for
each method.. it would be of high value.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com
- Test Automation for Business Speed & Certainty

Re: [testng-dev] Asserts Count in report

Mark Derricutt
Will this require a change in the string protocol as well at all? It's been awhile since I've looked at whats actually passed back and forth.

Mark
Fearing another IDEA breakage...

On 8/08/2012, at 4:18 PM, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:

The current beta supports a new kind of assertions that allows you to do this (just create your own assert class):

However, I would need to add support for this in the reports as well.

Re: [testng-dev] Asserts Count in report

Cédric Beust ♔-2
The string protocol has been deprecated for a while and I believe IDEA is using the newer seralization-based protocol(?).

Back to your question: the protocol only matters for IDE plug-ins, I was just talking about the generation of HTML reports right now. Obviously, what you're saying is correct if we are talking about the reports shown in IDE's: a protocol change would be necessary (but it would be backward compatible with the serialization protocol).