mvn install doesn't download testng until from eclipse project explorer maven -> update project ->Select Project-> OK

mvn install doesn't download testng until from eclipse project explorer maven -> update project ->Select Project-> OK

Kamal Mehta
Hi ,

When I run pom.xml by following steps then maven doesn't download testNg package.

1. Run maven clean (notice build successful).
2. Run maven install (notice throws error).
3. Run maven test  getting error for testng package doesn't exist.

Note: When from eclipse UI I do the following and run mvn test everything works fine.

project explorer maven -> update project ->Select Project-> OK

Bug: mvn install should install testng itself.

Please suggest. My requirement is to run maven test from docker container and this update maven project I can not do from UI. I need some command for this.

Regards,
Kamal

mvn error.png (882K) Download Attachment

Re: mvn install doesn't download testng until from eclipse project explorer maven -> update project ->Select Project-> OK

Yevhen Bilevych
Kamal,

Does your POM file have TestNG dependency included explicitly? Eclipse can use:
1. The TestNG pachage from TestNG plugin (configuration option switches it on and off)
2. The TestNG package added into classpath by multiple ways

Cheers,
Yevhen