maven?

tarun3kumar

Does anyone have any clue how to use the current release of testng with maven? I can only find examples that use 4.7 and just bumping the version up in the pom.xml dependency tag doesn't seem to do the trick

Re: maven?

mmistroni
Hi Eric,
 try with 5.1 version.....
i have a sample at home that works fine.... mail me  at [hidden email] if you have problems, i'll send you a pom.xml for testng 5.1

On 2/6/07, Eric Crahen <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does anyone have any clue how to use the current release of testng with maven? I can only find examples that use 4.7 and just bumping the version up in the pom.xml dependency tag doesn't seem to do the trick

Re: maven?

TslH

Hi.

If you have a full-working solution for TestNG + M2 (without using a
SNAPSHOT dependency) please consider posting it here.

Damn, Maven is a great tool, but even its developer don't use their
own paradigm. That's frustrating.

2007/2/6, Marco Mistroni <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Eric,
>  try with 5.1 version.....
> i have a sample at home that works fine.... mail me  at [hidden email]
> if you have problems, i'll send you a pom.xml for testng 5.1
>

> On 2/6/07, Eric Crahen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any clue how to use the current release of testng with
> maven? I can only find examples that use 4.7 and just bumping the version up
> in the pom.xml dependency tag doesn't seem to do the trick

> http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=62773&messageID=121406#121406

Re: maven?

Hani Suleiman

Yes please, it would be nice to have an authoritative guide to doing
this that we can just point people at.

On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:18 AM, TslH wrote:

> Hi.
>
> If you have a full-working solution for TestNG + M2 (without using a
> SNAPSHOT dependency) please consider posting it here.
>
> Damn, Maven is a great tool, but even its developer don't use their
> own paradigm. That's frustrating.
>
> 2007/2/6, Marco Mistroni <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Eric,
>>  try with 5.1 version.....
>> i have a sample at home that works fine.... mail me  at
>> [hidden email]
>> if you have problems, i'll send you a pom.xml for testng 5.1
>>

>> On 2/6/07, Eric Crahen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any clue how to use the current release of
>>> testng with
>> maven? I can only find examples that use 4.7 and just bumping the
>> version up
>> in the pom.xml dependency tag doesn't seem to do the trick

>> http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?
>> threadID=62773&messageID=121406#121406

Re: maven?

mmistroni
Will do that as soon as i get home (expect 2.5 hrs from now)
will actually try to post it to maven wiki.....so that it's available to anyone

pls, check archive of this list, i have posted a pom.xml which was suggested by me by some
other maven/testNG guy...

hth
marco

On 2/6/07, Hani Suleiman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes please, it would be nice to have an authoritative guide to doing
this that we can just point people at.

On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:18 AM, TslH wrote:

> Hi.
>
> If you have a full-working solution for TestNG + M2 (without using a
> SNAPSHOT dependency) please consider posting it here.
>

> Damn, Maven is a great tool, but even its developer don't use their
> own paradigm. That's frustrating.
>
> 2007/2/6, Marco Mistroni <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Eric,
>>  try with 5.1 version.....
>> i have a sample at home that works fine.... mail me  at
>> [hidden email]
>> if you have problems, i'll send you a pom.xml for testng 5.1
>>

>> On 2/6/07, Eric Crahen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any clue how to use the current release of
>>> testng with
>> maven? I can only find examples that use 4.7 and just bumping the
>> version up
>> in the pom.xml dependency tag doesn't seem to do the trick

>> http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa ?
>> threadID=62773&messageID=121406#121406

Re: maven?

mmistroni
There you go!

Eric/all, see if the following fixes your problem

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
      <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
      <version>5.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
      <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

hth
marco

On 2/6/07, Marco Mistroni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Will do that as soon as i get home (expect 2.5 hrs from now)
will actually try to post it to maven wiki.....so that it's available to anyone

pls, check archive of this list, i have posted a pom.xml which was suggested by me by some
other maven/testNG guy...

hth
marco

On 2/6/07, Hani Suleiman < [hidden email]> wrote:

Yes please, it would be nice to have an authoritative guide to doing
this that we can just point people at.

On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:18 AM, TslH wrote:

> Hi.
>
> If you have a full-working solution for TestNG + M2 (without using a
> SNAPSHOT dependency) please consider posting it here.
>

> Damn, Maven is a great tool, but even its developer don't use their
> own paradigm. That's frustrating.
>
> 2007/2/6, Marco Mistroni <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Eric,
>>  try with 5.1 version.....
>> i have a sample at home that works fine.... mail me  at
>> [hidden email]
>> if you have problems, i'll send you a pom.xml for testng 5.1
>>

>> On 2/6/07, Eric Crahen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any clue how to use the current release of
>>> testng with
>> maven? I can only find examples that use 4.7 and just bumping the
>> version up
>> in the pom.xml dependency tag doesn't seem to do the trick

>> threadID=62773&messageID=121406#121406

Re: maven?

mmistroni
Hi all,
  here's link where i have posted a pom.xml for a Maven project iwth TestNG. sorry i didnt have time to upload an example project, as the pom is for an ejb project which is part of a bigger .ear;

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Maven2+And+TestNG.Example+pom.xml

hth
 marco

On 2/6/07, Marco Mistroni <[hidden email]> wrote:
There you go!

Eric/all, see if the following fixes your problem

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
      <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
      <version>5.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
      <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

hth
marco

On 2/6/07, Marco Mistroni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Will do that as soon as i get home (expect 2.5 hrs from now)
will actually try to post it to maven wiki.....so that it's available to anyone

pls, check archive of this list, i have posted a pom.xml which was suggested by me by some
other maven/testNG guy...

hth
marco

On 2/6/07, Hani Suleiman < [hidden email]> wrote:

Yes please, it would be nice to have an authoritative guide to doing
this that we can just point people at.

On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:18 AM, TslH wrote:

> Hi.
>
> If you have a full-working solution for TestNG + M2 (without using a
> SNAPSHOT dependency) please consider posting it here.
>

> Damn, Maven is a great tool, but even its developer don't use their
> own paradigm. That's frustrating.
>
> 2007/2/6, Marco Mistroni <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Eric,
>>  try with 5.1 version.....
>> i have a sample at home that works fine.... mail me  at
>> [hidden email]
>> if you have problems, i'll send you a pom.xml for testng 5.1
>>

>> On 2/6/07, Eric Crahen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any clue how to use the current release of
>>> testng with
>> maven? I can only find examples that use 4.7 and just bumping the
>> version up
>> in the pom.xml dependency tag doesn't seem to do the trick

>> threadID=62773&messageID=121406#121406

Re: maven?

Jessek

Sorry, this is probably my fault. (again)

My computer is fully operational again now though so I plan on making
a big push for getting everything current between TestNG + maven and
then pushed out as patches. (which we've been told will be accepted
and applied quickly)

TestNG 5.1 is the last known version that I use with maven2. (Though
I'm on the 2.8-SNAPSHOT which not all people like, I have heard that
the 2.3-SNAPSHOT works as well)