marking a test as the absolute last one

Justin Lee-2

Re: marking a test as the absolute last one

Alexandru Popescu ☀

Re: marking a test as the absolute last one

Cédric Beust ♔

On 2/14/07, Alexandru Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2/14/07, Justin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I wanted a test that was always the last one to run, would I just
> mark it as after suite?

No, you cannot do this.

Why not?  I think this would work, although the code would not be a @Test but a configuration, then.

> or could I say it depends on "*" ?

That would make it the absolute first one and not the last one, ain't it?

Uh?  No, it would indeed be run last, but I suspect TestNG would complain about a circular reference, since by depending on "*", you are also depending on yourself.

On 2/14/07, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/14/07, Alexandru Popescu
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On 2/14/07, Justin Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > If I wanted a test that was always the last one to run, would I just
> > > mark it as after suite?
> >
> > No, you cannot do this.
>
> Why not?  I think this would work, although the code would not be a @Test
> but a configuration, then.
>
> > > or could I say it depends on "*" ?
> >
> > That would make it the absolute first one and not the last one, ain't it?
>
> Uh?  No, it would indeed be run last, but I suspect TestNG would complain
> about a circular reference, since by depending on "*", you are also
> depending on yourself.

Sorry.. I was reading in a different language :-S.