annotation "helpers" ?

Jessek

I dimly remember seeing some grumbling on the users list about how
some of the non static aspects of annotation dev have been found to be
frustrating on larger projects. It's obviously not ideal / blah blah
but I thought it was neat to see more dynamic support from certain IDE
editor plugins:

http://handyedit.com/completions.html

(specifically I'm talking about the ognl code completion
functionality, maybe something similar could be done for "dependsOn"
attributes or whatever attribute types people don't feel are safe )

Re: annotation "helpers" ?

Mark Derricutt
I've been thinking of this for awhile myself but need to dig into the completion API ( I have some examples to look at), and find the time to do so.

Some things I was thinking of completion for were dependsOn, groups (scanning/caching any references to groups= in the code/suite files...

Any others?

--
It was not the presence of God that formed me, but his absence which broke me.

http://www.talios.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/talios

Re: annotation "helpers" ?

Jessek

I can't think of any off the top of my head right now, those sound
like they'd go a long ways towards making more people happy. (I can
torture you with email forwards of discussions of "non type safety
fears" people were vollying around on a different project using
annotations as the primary vehicle for configuration, but should
probably do it off list if it's wanted )

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer