Why do we have common attribute in <suite> and <test> tags.

Why do we have common attribute in <suite> and <test> tags.

ADITYA GAURAV
There are the attributes, those can be used in both the tags. For ex.

<suite name="TestNg" parallel="methods">
       <test name="Test" parallel = "classes">

Howwill parallel attributebehavein this
case.

Other attributes are junit, annotations,  group-by-instances,  allow-return-values, verbose, time-out,  thread-count,  preserve-order,  parallel, skipfailedinvocationcounts.
Here is my doubt
1. Attributes define in <test> tag gets precedence over <suite> tag.
2. Or they work in any combinations.

Please let me know if anyone has any info on this,

Thanks,
Aditya