Variable Data Providers

Cédric Beust ♔
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "C�dric Beust " <[hidden email]>
To: "Sandeep Girgaonkar (sgirgaon)" < [hidden email]>, [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 23:14:58 -0800
Subject: Re: TestNG questions
Hi Sandeep,

It's not possible currently, but your idea makes a lot of sense to me.

Let me think about it and I'll get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

On 12/26/06, Sandeep Girgaonkar (sgirgaon) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Cedric --

Since I could not access the Web Forum, I took liberty to send this e-mail
directly to you.

Quick question on TestNG data provider...

I have a test method say "testOne" and its data provider is "dp".
"dp" returns collection of 1000 data objects which means testOne
willl be called 1000 times.

I have 2 groups - "smoke" and "complete". Now for "smoke" tests I want
to run testOne for say only 25 data objects and for "complete" tests I want
to run it for all 1000 data objects.

So the question is - Is there any way to know for what group the given test method is
being run for ? I need this information to return appropriate number of objects. Is this information
available at run-time in test method as well as data provider ?

Is/are there any alternate ways to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep

--
C�dric