Testng

Deepak Tripathi
Hi All,

Can i use TestNG and Log4J in a same program.

Re: Testng

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝
Yes you can.

On Sat 21 Jul, 2018, 15:41 Deepak Tripathi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Can i use TestNG and Log4J in a same program.

Re: Testng

Deepak Tripathi
How we can use

On Saturday, July 21, 2018, Deepak Tripathi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Can i use TestNG and Log4J in a same program.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Testng

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

You add up a dependency on TestNG and add up a dependency on log4j and just use their APIs.

I am not quite sure I understand what is your confusion on this?

TestNG is a test runner (a mechanism that executes your tests) and log4j is a logging framework that facilitates logging. They both are individual and independent libraries.

Re: Testng

Deepak Tripathi
Hi krishnan,

I want to print the logs using log4j and testng to execute the testcases.

On Saturday, July 21, 2018, Krishnan Mahadevan <[hidden email]> wrote:

You add up a dependency on TestNG and add up a dependency on log4j and just use their APIs.

I am not quite sure I understand what is your confusion on this?

TestNG is a test runner (a mechanism that executes your tests) and log4j is a logging framework that facilitates logging. They both are individual and independent libraries.

Re: Testng

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Ok. So what is the issue ?

Re: Testng

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Ok. From what you have told so far, it’s not a TestNG issue.

Log4j is not a TestNG artifact. So, you might want to post your question on log4j in either Stackoverflow or perhaps a log4j specific forum.

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of Deepak Tripathi <[hidden email]>
Date: Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:28 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

I am not able to print the logs using log4j but my testcases are executed successfully.

On Saturday, July 21, 2018, Krishnan Mahadevan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ok. So what is the issue ?

Re: Testng

Deepak Tripathi
Hi krishnan,