TestNG port for JDK 1.1

nagkumar
Hi,

Are there any ports of TestNG available for JDK 1.1 or JDK 1.2. We are looking to see if this framework could be used with in the Mobile(JavaME) or Embeeded Set Top Boxes (close to CDC).

Regards,
Nagendra
www.tejasoft.com

Re: TestNG port for JDK 1.1

Cédric Beust ♔

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Raja Nagendra Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Are there any ports of TestNG available for JDK 1.1 or JDK 1.2. We are
looking to see if this framework could be used with in the Mobile(JavaME) or
Embeeded Set Top Boxes (close to CDC).

Not that I know.  Besides, there is no reflection in Java ME so you wouldn't go very far anyway.

Another reason why you should switch to Android :-)

Re: TestNG port for JDK 1.1

nagkumar
Thank you for the info Cédric.

We can't switch to Android as this for our client, who has millions of customers on the current system. Which needs a huge push though Total Test Automation to their existing code base in CDC Java.

Was considering to have a framework like TestNG which works with in this JDK limits. would be happy an approach like this can work due to lack of reflection..

What if all the TestNG framework does some kind of meta information collection on the desktop genrates all the reflection related info and stores in some xml or binary file. When the runner is running on the set top box, with in the jdk 1.2.. it could read this info and run the tests.

Regards,
Nagendra
Cédric Beust ♔ wrote
Nagendra.Raja@tejasoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any ports of TestNG available for JDK 1.1 or JDK 1.2. We are
> looking to see if this framework could be used with in the Mobile(JavaME)
> or
> Embeeded Set Top Boxes (close to CDC).

Not that I know.  Besides, there is no reflection in Java ME so you wouldn't
go very far anyway.

Another reason why you should switch to Android :-)

Re: TestNG port for JDK 1.1

Cédric Beust ♔
Hi Nagendra,

I was joking about switching to Android, I know it's obviously not an option in this kind of business.

You could possibly overcome the lack of reflection by having developers enumerate all the test methods that should be run in a class (e.g. in a Runnable), but you will still not be able to use annotations, so in effect, what you would end up with is a testing framework that has very little in common with TestNG...

Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Raja Nagendra Kumar <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any ports of TestNG available for JDK 1.1 or JDK 1.2. We are
>> looking to see if this framework could be used with in the Mobile(JavaME)
>> or
>> Embeeded Set Top Boxes (close to CDC).
>>

> Not that I know.  Besides, there is no reflection in Java ME so you
> wouldn't
> go very far anyway.
>
> Another reason why you should switch to Android :-)

Re: TestNG port for JDK 1.1

nagkumar
How about using backports available for java such as retrotranslator etc..

And also doing and collecting the meta data needed on desktop  instead of
developers enumerate all the test methods that should be run in a class (I collect these data on desktop and store it some file, so that when the tests are run on embeeded system it could use this meta info..

I want to use the full power of TestNG do some enhancements to the runner and some pre-processing on desktop so that I have my approach future proof with new TestNG versions released..

Regards,
Nagendra
Cédric Beust ♔ wrote