TestNG XML runner behavior note

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TestNG XML runner behavior note

Ibrahem Batta
I faced the following behavior change in testNG execution after update,

Recently I was use the testNG version 6.12 and I did upgrade to 6.13.

Running same code and same xml runner but get 2 different behaviors for the following XML, each test below contains data provider with 5 cases per each.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">

<suite name="Suite" parallel="tests" thread-count="10" data-provider-thread-count="3">

 

       <test name="checkout chrome">

             <parameter name="browserName" value="chrome"></parameter>

             <classes>

                    <class name="com.generic.tests.checkout.Base_checkout" />

             </classes>

       </test><!-- Test -->

       <test name="checkout firefox">

             <parameter name="browserName" value="firefox"></parameter>

             <classes>

                    <class name="com.generic.tests.checkout.Base_checkout" />

             </classes>

       </test><!-- Test -->

       <test name="checkout mobile_Nexus 5">

             <parameter name="browserName" value="mobile_Nexus 5"></parameter>

             <classes>

                    <class name="com.generic.tests.checkout.Base_checkout" />

             </classes>

       </test><!-- Test -->

</suite> <!-- Suite -->

6.12 : resulting to run tests [checkout chrome, checkout firefox and checkout mobile_Nexus 5] in parallel , opened 9 browsers 3 per each test every time until finish.
6.13: resulting to run tests [checkout chrome, checkout firefox and checkout mobile_Nexus 5] sequentially, opened 3 browsers chrome then open 2 browsers for chrome, after finish from chrome do same for firefox, then form mobile.
 

I returned back to old version 6.12 and checked that the execution behavior and it resulting same as mentioned above, so it is from version not something in setup.

Please confirm if this is an intended behavior in new version of TestNG 6.13.

Thank you

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/testng-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TestNG XML runner behavior note

Krishnan Mahadevan
As Julien mentioned in the other thread, I think this is due to https://github.com/cbeust/testng/issues/1636

So you can try running with 6.14-SNAPSHOT and see if that fixes your problem (or) 

You can try using this workaround 

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

"All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening or in love with someone else!"
My Scribblings @ http://wakened-cognition.blogspot.com/
My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Ibrahem Batta <[hidden email]> wrote:
I faced the following behavior change in testNG execution after update,

Recently I was use the testNG version 6.12 and I did upgrade to 6.13.

Running same code and same xml runner but get 2 different behaviors for the following XML, each test below contains data provider with 5 cases per each.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">

<suite name="Suite" parallel="tests" thread-count="10" data-provider-thread-count="3">



       <test name="checkout chrome">

             <parameter name="browserName" value="chrome"></parameter>

             <classes>

                    <class name="com.generic.tests.checkout.Base_checkout" />

             </classes>

       </test><!-- Test -->

       <test name="checkout firefox">

             <parameter name="browserName" value="firefox"></parameter>

             <classes>

                    <class name="com.generic.tests.checkout.Base_checkout" />

             </classes>

       </test><!-- Test -->

       <test name="checkout mobile_Nexus 5">

             <parameter name="browserName" value="mobile_Nexus 5"></parameter>

             <classes>

                    <class name="com.generic.tests.checkout.Base_checkout" />

             </classes>

       </test><!-- Test -->

</suite> <!-- Suite -->

6.12 : resulting to run tests [checkout chrome, checkout firefox and checkout mobile_Nexus 5] in parallel , opened 9 browsers 3 per each test every time until finish.
6.13: resulting to run tests [checkout chrome, checkout firefox and checkout mobile_Nexus 5] sequentially, opened 3 browsers chrome then open 2 browsers for chrome, after finish from chrome do same for firefox, then form mobile.


I returned back to old version 6.12 and checked that the execution behavior and it resulting same as mentioned above, so it is from version not something in setup.

Please confirm if this is an intended behavior in new version of TestNG 6.13.

Thank you



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/testng-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/testng-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.