Test hangs and other funny things happening

Test hangs and other funny things happening

ianpg56

Hi

I have a small test suite which I developed with TestNG 5.2 using the
eclipse plug in. This worked fine.

I have refactored my code and now when I run the tests TestNG seems to
ignore the group settings and tries to run some subset of the groups
which may or may not include the actual group I requested it to run!

Further more when a another test actualy runs sucessfully (data
appears in the DB) but then TestNG just hangs.

I have upgraded to 5.5 and updated the plug in and still get the same
results.

The actual methods being called by the tests have not changed, the GUI
still works unchanged.

I am using JDK 1.5 and anotations.

Any suggestions as to were the problem might be would as I have tried
every thing I can think of and nothing seems to make a diference.

Re: Test hangs and other funny things happening

Alexandru Popescu ☀

On 4/18/07, ianpg56 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a small test suite which I developed with TestNG 5.2 using the
> eclipse plug in. This worked fine.
>
> I have refactored my code and now when I run the tests TestNG seems to
> ignore the group settings and tries to run some subset of the groups
> which may or may not include the actual group I requested it to run!
>
> Further more when a another test actualy runs sucessfully (data
> appears in the DB) but then TestNG just hangs.
>
> I have upgraded to 5.5 and updated the plug in and still get the same
> results.
>
> The actual methods being called by the tests have not changed, the GUI
> still works unchanged.
>
> I am using JDK 1.5 and anotations.
>
> Any suggestions as to were the problem might be would as I have tried
> every thing I can think of and nothing seems to make a diference.

Based on the given information, the only thing I can comment on is
that there was a bug in the 5.5 version of the plugin, and I have
posted to the mailing lists a patch for it. For more than this, I will
need more information.