SureFire issue with JDK15AnnotationFinder

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SureFire issue with JDK15AnnotationFinder

Cédric Beust ♔
Just came across this SureFire issue.  Jesse/Alex, you aware of this?

--
Cédric
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SureFire issue with JDK15AnnotationFinder

Alexandru Popescu ☀
Not with that exact one, but I was pretty sure TestNG 5.4 is not
working in Maven2. And I think Jesse is aware too according to the
comments on the JIRA issue:
http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/TESTNG-129.

Unfortunately, I haven't got enough time to understand the Maven2 code
related to TestNG and identify the points to which we can do a better
job. As I mentioned it is very high priority for me... but for the
moment I couldn't do it.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
  TestNG co-founder
EclipseTestNG Creator


On 12/15/06, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just came across this SureFire issue.  Jesse/Alex, you aware of this?
>
> --
> Cédric
>  >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SureFire issue with JDK15AnnotationFinder

Brett Porter
I'll still be making time for this in January (or perhaps over the
Christmas break), and removing dependencies on internal APIs would be
an important thing to do then.

IIRC, this is used to determine whether a given class is a test NG
class, junit class, or neither when not using an xml suite. Is there a
public API that would be used to determine this?

Thanks,
Brett

On 15/12/06, Alexandru Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not with that exact one, but I was pretty sure TestNG 5.4 is not
> working in Maven2. And I think Jesse is aware too according to the
> comments on the JIRA issue:
> http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/TESTNG-129.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't got enough time to understand the Maven2 code
> related to TestNG and identify the points to which we can do a better
> job. As I mentioned it is very high priority for me... but for the
> moment I couldn't do it.
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.
>   TestNG co-founder
> EclipseTestNG Creator
>
>
> On 12/15/06, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just came across this SureFire issue.  Jesse/Alex, you aware of this?
> >
> > --
> > Cédric
> >  >
> >
>
> >
>


--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org
"Better Builds with Maven" book - http://library.mergere.com/

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SureFire issue with JDK15AnnotationFinder

Alexandru Popescu ☀
On 12/15/06, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll still be making time for this in January (or perhaps over the
> Christmas break), and removing dependencies on internal APIs would be
> an important thing to do then.
>

That's what I intent to do.

> IIRC, this is used to determine whether a given class is a test NG
> class, junit class, or neither when not using an xml suite. Is there a
> public API that would be used to determine this?
>

No there is not. But I am not sure why it is needed as long as TestNG
will however determine what must be run... so it pretty much looks
like a duplication of efforts.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
  TestNG co-founder
EclipseTestNG Creator

> Thanks,
> Brett
>
> On 15/12/06, Alexandru Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Not with that exact one, but I was pretty sure TestNG 5.4 is not
> > working in Maven2. And I think Jesse is aware too according to the
> > comments on the JIRA issue:
> > http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/TESTNG-129.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I haven't got enough time to understand the Maven2 code
> > related to TestNG and identify the points to which we can do a better
> > job. As I mentioned it is very high priority for me... but for the
> > moment I couldn't do it.
> >
> > ./alex
> > --
> > .w( the_mindstorm )p.
> >   TestNG co-founder
> > EclipseTestNG Creator
> >
> >
> > On 12/15/06, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Just came across this SureFire issue.  Jesse/Alex, you aware of this?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Cédric
> > >  >
> > >
> >
> > >
> >
>
>
> --
> Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org
> "Better Builds with Maven" book - http://library.mergere.com/
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SureFire issue with JDK15AnnotationFinder

Phillip Ross-2

Right. That's what I had the original set of surefire patches doing, but it may have resulted in inconsistent behavior across plugins / architecture so I can see why it was refactored to work like the rest of surefire..(even if imperfect, still hard to argue against having most of the surefire code be somewhat consistent...i guess)

I can't make anyone do things they don't want, but I would be very wary of telling the current set of testng users to use a maven/ant hybrid solution until a better one can be figured out. Of course, if the change is only semantic and keeps the behavior of the overall testing ability the same then fine, otherwise it may be a dangerous move for what may already be a slightly frustrated user base.

> On 12/15/06, Brett Porter <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I'll still be making time for this in January (or
> perhaps over the
> > Christmas break), and removing dependencies on
> internal APIs would be
> > an important thing to do then.
> >
>
> That's what I intent to do.
>
> > IIRC, this is used to determine whether a given
> class is a test NG
> > class, junit class, or neither when not using an
> xml suite. Is there a
> > public API that would be used to determine this?
> >
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via Jive Forums
http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=53680&messageID=107974#107974

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SureFire issue with JDK15AnnotationFinder

Alexandru Popescu ☀

On 12/15/06, Jesse Kuhnert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Right. That's what I had the original set of surefire patches doing, but it may have resulted in inconsistent behavior across plugins / architecture so I can see why it was refactored to work like the rest of surefire..(even if imperfect, still hard to argue against having most of the surefire code be somewhat consistent...i guess)
>
> I can't make anyone do things they don't want, but I would be very wary of telling the current set of testng users to use a maven/ant hybrid solution until a better one can be figured out. Of course, if the change is only semantic and keeps the behavior of the overall testing ability the same then fine, otherwise it may be a dangerous move for what may already be a slightly frustrated user base.

Just to clarify: I was speaking that for the moment we can ask the
users to use the maven-ant plugin if they want to use the latest
TestNG releases, until we have a better maven-surefire support and an
official release from it. IMO, even if the benefits of surefire are
lost for the moment, the TestNG users will benefit from using the
latest TestNG release in a stable way.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
  TestNG co-founder
EclipseTestNG Creator

>
> > On 12/15/06, Brett Porter <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > I'll still be making time for this in January (or
> > perhaps over the
> > > Christmas break), and removing dependencies on
> > internal APIs would be
> > > an important thing to do then.
> > >
> >
> > That's what I intent to do.
> >
> > > IIRC, this is used to determine whether a given
> > class is a test NG
> > > class, junit class, or neither when not using an
> > xml suite. Is there a
> > > public API that would be used to determine this?
> > >
> >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via Jive Forums
> http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=53680&messageID=107974#107974
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SureFire issue with JDK15AnnotationFinder

Alexandru Popescu ☀

... and somehow related: I am currently digging thru the maven code :-).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
  TestNG co-founder
EclipseTestNG Creator

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---