Skipping Suites when one Suite before fails

Skipping Suites when one Suite before fails

Arno Jost
Hi there

I'm looking for a way to accomplish the following:
 1. run suite A
 2. run suite B only if all the Tests in Suite A passed.
and on the other hand
 1b run suite B standalone

Adding some dependsOnMethods/Groups on my Test-annotations won't do the job as:
 - i would need to define a group in any class belonging to suite A and refer to it in the classes in suite B which is not possible.
 - even if possible it would probably force me to allways run suite A which is not what i'm looking for

I still feel like the possibility to configure (in a testng.xml) under which conditions a suite or test should run or not is a missing feature in TestNG but if anybody has another approach to my scenario, i'll be glad!

Thx and greets,
Arno

Re: Skipping Suites when one Suite before fails

Krishnan Mahadevan
Arno,
Not sure if you already got a response to this, but this is something which I thought you could try and get done using IMethodSelector and AnnotationTransformer. (Just a gut feeling that this can perhaps be done using both these although I haven't tried it) Perhaps when I do get sometime, I will try and if it works give a sample code of how to do this as well.

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Jostar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there I'm looking for a way to accomplish the following: 1. run suite A 2. run suite B only if all the Tests in Suite A passed. and on the other hand 1b run suite B standalone Adding some dependsOnMethods/Groups on my Test-annotations won't do the job as: - i would need to define a group in any class belonging to suite A and refer to it in the classes in suite B which is not possible. - even if possible it would probably force me to allways run suite A which is not what i'm looking for I still feel like the possibility to configure (in a testng.xml) under which conditions a suite or test should run or not is a missing feature in TestNG but if anybody has another approach to my scenarion, i'll be glad! Thx and greets, Arno

Sent from the testng-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.