Setting a new attribute to show up in testng-results.xml

Setting a new attribute to show up in testng-results.xml

praveen133t
I have a few custom values that needs to be set while running the test case and I'd like to see that in testng-results.xml. Is that possible?

i tried setAttribute(name,value).. it didn't work. any thoughts?

Re: Setting a new attribute to show up in testng-results.xml

Krishnan Mahadevan

You may have to either

1. Extend the testng default listener which is responsible for creating this file and modify it. (Or)
2. Create your own listener which can do this.

On Sep 9, 2014 9:05 PM, "TestNG-Tester" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a few custom values that needs to be set while running the test case and I'd like to see that in testng-results.xml. Is that possible?

i tried setAttribute(name,value).. it didn't work. any thoughts?

Re: Setting a new attribute to show up in testng-results.xml

Krishnan Mahadevan

Praveen

I don't remember it on the top of my head. But a quick browse through the code base landed me here

https://github.com/cbeust/testng/blob/master/src/main/java/org/testng/reporters/XMLReporter.java

On Sep 9, 2014 9:22 PM, "TestNG-Tester" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you pls tell me which listener it is and which method generates this file?

On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:40:59 AM UTC-4, Krishnan wrote:

You may have to either

1. Extend the testng default listener which is responsible for creating this file and modify it. (Or)
2. Create your own listener which can do this.

On Sep 9, 2014 9:05 PM, "TestNG-Tester" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a few custom values that needs to be set while running the test case and I'd like to see that in testng-results.xml. Is that possible?

i tried setAttribute(name,value).. it didn't work. any thoughts?

Re: Setting a new attribute to show up in testng-results.xml

Veena Gurumurthy
Did you get this working? Please share sample code if you have for this.