Run Reporting Portals that work well with TestNG

Run Reporting Portals that work well with TestNG

Sandeep Chouksey
Hey All,

Are there any solutions out there for run reporting portals that can be used. Our use case is to be able to store run-results(on a test case level) and have an easy to use portal to surface results for each run and go back in time as well do to past historical analysis. Any tools already existing in this space?

Thanks.

Re: Run Reporting Portals that work well with TestNG

praveen133t
I wanted to have something like that. So I developed my own batch job that will dump the results to a database and then created a simple MVC application to display the results in necessary format.

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:44:39 PM UTC-5, Sandeep Chouksey wrote:
Hey All,

Are there any solutions out there for run reporting portals that can be used. Our use case is to be able to store run-results(on a test case level) and have an easy to use portal to surface results for each run and go back in time as well do to past historical analysis. Any tools already existing in this space?

Thanks.

Re: Run Reporting Portals that work well with TestNG

Yevhen Bilevych

Hi Sandeep,

Would Continuous Integration tools - Jenkins,  Teamcity,  Bamboo - work for you? Properly configured,  CI suits your needs plus allows you to schedule test runs.

You may try  and others.

Thanks,
Yevhen

11 черв. 2014 20:44, користувач "Sandeep Chouksey" <[hidden email]> написав:
Hey All,

Are there any solutions out there for run reporting portals that can be used. Our use case is to be able to store run-results(on a test case level) and have an easy to use portal to surface results for each run and go back in time as well do to past historical analysis. Any tools already existing in this space?

Thanks.

Re: Run Reporting Portals that work well with TestNG

Sandeep Chouksey
I don't think these CI tooks break down test results into individual test cases. They tend to just run a bucket of tests and either pass or fail the job from my understanding.

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:50:37 PM UTC-4, Yevhen Bilevych wrote:

Hi Sandeep,

Would Continuous Integration tools - Jenkins,  Teamcity,  Bamboo - work for you? Properly configured,  CI suits your needs plus allows you to schedule test runs.

You may try  and others.

Thanks,
Yevhen

11 черв. 2014 20:44, користувач "Sandeep Chouksey" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="RspHx4f7LQsJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">scho...@...> написав:
Hey All,

Are there any solutions out there for run reporting portals that can be used. Our use case is to be able to store run-results(on a test case level) and have an easy to use portal to surface results for each run and go back in time as well do to past historical analysis. Any tools already existing in this space?

Thanks.

Re: Run Reporting Portals that work well with TestNG

Krishnan Mahadevan
Breaking down test results at individual test case level is NOT an attribute of CI tools. What Yevhen was basically calling out here is that, if a CI tool such as Jenkins has been configured properly [ I.e., the build job is configured to retain last 10 builds etc.,] you can find out the test results of the last 10 iterations. I believe there are plugins as well in the Jenkins world which add more things to the equation such as looking at trends etc.,

The other one that I can think of is  Sonar. If Sonar has been configured, apart from it doing code analysis it also lets one view the trends with respect test coverage etc., [ But its not going to be an elaborate one of course].

The easiest way I can think of here is that, one build their own data source for this portal and construct the portal by consuming the data from the data source.

My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/

Re: Run Reporting Portals that work well with TestNG

Nikesh
look at Cuanto - http://www.trackyourtests.com
we have implemented this in our project.