ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

12

ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

Tamás Kende
Hi all,

I started to use a retry analyzer and to fix the test report (remove duplicate failures, failures/skips followed by passed test) so I have to implement an ITestListener. The solution works, the only problem is that the tests are using dataproviders. And in the ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) method it deletes the test result based on its testng method which is the same in all cases. So I cannot control which result to delete, it will delete the first.
Lets say I have the following test result:
TestA["a"] - skipped --> true skip
TestA["b"] - skipped
TestA["b"] - skipped
TestA["b"] - failed

so at the end I want to have something like:
TestA["a"] - skipped
TestA["b"] - failed

but if I call the removeResult it will delete the first with this method so this is what I get:
TestA["b"] - skipped
TestA["b"] - failed

I attached a small project, if you run the RetryTestWithDataProvider tests and check the generated test results you will see what is the problem. Maybe I did something wrong in the listener.

Anyway, if the resultmap keys are the results, why do not we have a method to delete by key and not by value?

Another thing... if I throw a skip exception in the beforemethod when I use dataprovider, it will skip all the following test runs (even if I use alwaysrun), any idea? Just put the "a" to the first position to see it.

Thank you for your help

Cheers,

Tamas

retryWithDataProvider.zip (3K) Download Attachment

Re: ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

Tamás Kende
yes, I implemented something, made a pull request and it was merged so in the next testng release you will be able to delete from ResultMap based on the key.
I can update the attachment after that and you can use it.

Cheers

2013. október 18., péntek 23:36:32 UTC+2 időpontban Indrani biswas a következőt írta:
[...]

Krishnan Mahadevan
Tamas,

I believe there was a recent release for TestNG no ?

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Tamás Kende <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

you are right, if you use testng 3.8.7 the attached retry analyzer should work. (I did not have time to completely try it out). It supports tests with data providers. Let me know if something is not good. Btw in the eclipse testng plugin you will not see the results only in the generated report.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Tamás Kende <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ssC8-lxuowYJ">kende...@...> wrote:
[...]

RetryAnalyzer.java (4K) Download Attachment

Re: ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

Indrani
Hi, Thanks for posting the code. But when i copied the code seems like there s a bit of problem when I am using TestNG 6.8 "The method getCount(ITestNGMethod, Object[]) is undefined for the type RetryAnalyzer", and also one more : The method removeResult(ITestNGMethod) in the type IResultMap is not applicable for the arguments (ITestResult) Let me know how should proceed next, and what am I missing --Indrani

Re: ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

Indrani

Thanks for posting the code. But when i copied the code seems like there s a bit of problem when I am using TestNG 6.8 "The method getCount(ITestNGMethod, Object[]) is undefined for the type RetryAnalyzer", and also one more : The method removeResult(ITestNGMethod) in the type IResultMap is not applicable for the arguments (ITestResult) Let me know how should proceed next, and what am I missing.

you mentioned in your post 3.8.7. did you mean 6.8.7 ? Will 6.9.Beta work ?

--Indrani

[...]

Sorry, you need the version: 6.8.7 also need to update the eclipse plugin if you use eclipse

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:50:52 AM UTC+1, Indrani biswas wrote:
Hi, Thanks for posting the code. But when i copied the code seems like there s a bit of problem when I am using TestNG 6.8 "The method getCount(ITestNGMethod, Object[]) is undefined for the type RetryAnalyzer", and also one more : The method removeResult(ITestNGMethod) in the type IResultMap is not applicable for the arguments (ITestResult) Let me know how should proceed next, and what am I missing --Indrani

Sent from the testng-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

Andrew G William
I know this is a dead thread, but maybe someone will look here again.
I am having this same problem, only it is when trying to compile my code from within an ANT script (inside of Jenkins).

Any ideas on how to solve this?

View this message in context: <a href="http://testng.1065351.n5.nabble.com/ResultMap-removeResult-ITestNGMethod-problem-tp18612p18978.html" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.1065351.n5.nabble.com%2FResultMap-removeResult-ITestNGMethod-problem-tp18612p18978.html\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNE4UC_y18YdID7q6K_GA6fhC70Bbw';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.1065351.n5.nabble.com%2FResultMap-removeResult-ITestNGMethod-problem-tp18612p18978.html\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNE4UC_y18YdID7q6K_GA6fhC70Bbw';return true;">Re: ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem
Sent from the <a href="http://testng.1065351.n5.nabble.com/testng-users-f3.html" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.1065351.n5.nabble.com%2Ftestng-users-f3.html\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNE7Zk5Mf8XGy5XPz33lf-UmlTBZdg';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.1065351.n5.nabble.com%2Ftestng-users-f3.html\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNE7Zk5Mf8XGy5XPz33lf-UmlTBZdg';return true;">testng-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

Krishnan Mahadevan
Have you tried peeking into the jar that is part of your libs folder ?
You may be having a TestNG jar that is old.

~ Krishnan

iSent. iPhone. iReget.iTypos!

On 17-Jul-2014, at 9:05, Andrew G William <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ha!  You are awesome.  I wasn't expecting such a quick reply, if any at all.  I'll take a look now.

Thanks!

On 17-Jul-2014, at 9:05, Andrew G William <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ITvHlfZjeM4J" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">ajgwil...@...> wrote:

Sent from the <a href="http://testng.1065351.n5.nabble.com/testng-users-f3.html" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.1065351.n5.nabble.com%2Ftestng-users-f3.html\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNE7Zk5Mf8XGy5XPz33lf-UmlTBZdg';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.1065351.n5.nabble.com%2Ftestng-users-f3.html\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNE7Zk5Mf8XGy5XPz33lf-UmlTBZdg';return true;">testng-users mailing list archive at <a href="http://Nabble.com" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2FNabble.com\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFj_pkeg00llVLhzfY-rvtFlIbHcA';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2FNabble.com\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFj_pkeg00llVLhzfY-rvtFlIbHcA';return true;">Nabble.com.

Re: ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

Krishnan Mahadevan
Andrew,

Can you try adding a sample code like this

public class PrintTestNGVersion {
        System.out.println("TestNG version : " + TestNG.class.getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getLocation());

and have it executed ? This should tell you the jar from which your tests are resolving TestNG from [ I still believe that you have a messed up classpath in your project which is causing an older version of TestNG to be resolved.

You should see an output as below (I ran on IntelliJ)

TestNG version : file:/Users/krmahadevan/.m2/repository/org/testng/testng/6.8.7/testng-6.8.7.jar

Process finished with exit code 0

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Andrew G William <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

You are my hero!!!

 I ran your suggested code and to my surprise this is what I saw, "TestNG version : file:/C:/Selenium/lib/selenium-server-standalone-2.42.2.jar"!.  Inside of my build.xml file I had selenium-server-standalone-2.42.2.jar listed before the testNG.jar:

 <path id="Automation.classpath">
        <pathelement location="bin"/>
        <pathelement location="../../../../../../selenium/lib/selenium-server-standalone-2.42.2.jar"/>
        <pathelement location="../../../../../../selenium/lib/testng-6.8.8.jar"/>
</path>

All I had to do to solve the problem was to swap the order like this:

 <path id="Automation.classpath">
        <pathelement location="bin"/>
        <pathelement location="../../../../../../selenium/lib/testng-6.8.8.jar"/>
        <pathelement location="../../../../../../selenium/lib/selenium-server-standalone-2.42.2.jar"/>
</path>

Problem solved!!  Thank you so much.  I owe you lunch haha.

Apparently the selenium standalone server contains an instance of testNG???  I learn something everyday.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Andrew

My Scribblings @ <a href="http://wakened-cognition.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwakened-cognition.blogspot.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHzOdYJCASIDF_28vQtkp9gnKAYSQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwakened-cognition.blogspot.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHzOdYJCASIDF_28vQtkp9gnKAYSQ';return true;">http://wakened-cognition.blogspot.com/
My Technical Scribbings @ <a href="http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Frationaleemotions.wordpress.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEcBOKyRn0lpL8LDbBuyAlKdwgXwQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Frationaleemotions.wordpress.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEcBOKyRn0lpL8LDbBuyAlKdwgXwQ';return true;">http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Andrew G William <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ymYXIlL4dpMJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">ajgwil...@...> wrote:
[...]

Greg Martz
Hello all!

I'm really new to testng and have a question.  I have a suite that contains 42 different classes that must be run.  Each of the classes depends on the class before it.  Each class is a web page, and if a previous webpage fails, then all the rest must be skipped.  Is there a way to do a "skip all remaining tests"?  I'm including my xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">
<suite name="SuiteEndToEnd" parallel="false" verbose="10">
  <test name="Tests">
    <classes>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.InitiateBuyPlan"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.AddItemsToBuyPlan"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ReviewBuyPlan"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ApproveBuyPlan"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ManageQuoteSolicitation"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.StartQuote"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ReviewQuote"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.RecordInterestInQuotes"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ReviewCountryBuyIn"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.CompleteItemInfo"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ReviewItemInformation"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.UpdateInterestInQuote"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.PerformLogisticsAnalysis"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.SecondReview"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ReviewNLCDiagrams"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ConfirmItemSpecifications"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ClassifyItem"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ApproveItem" />
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ClassifyItem2"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.CompleteItemClassification"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ApproveItemClassification"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.SubmitLinkToFreightEstimates"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ReviewFreightWorksheet"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ReviewItemInfoAndReviseInterest"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ManageAnalyzedQuotes"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.AuthorizeItemDevelopment"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ConsolidateCountryAuthorizations"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.FinalizeItemInformationAndGenerateUnsignedItemAgreementPDF"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.VerifyAndUploadItemDocuments"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.AttachDocsForApproval"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.FinalizeItemForApproval"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ApproveItemGMM"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ConsolidateInCountryAGMM_GMMResponses"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.InitiateCodeOfConductForFactory"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.SubmitAuditResultsForFactory"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ConfirmItemSetupAndPOsIssued"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.VerifyReceiptsOfPOs"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ConfirmReceiptOfPOs"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.ReviewQAProductionTestResults"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.CompleteProjectChecklist"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.VerifySupplierCodeOfConductForFactory"/>
      <class name="com.bpms.tests.VerifyChainSecurityForFactory"/>
    </classes>
  </test> <!-- Tests -->
</suite> <!-- SuiteEndToEnd -->

Thanks!
Greg

Re: ResultMap.removeResult(ITestNGMethod) problem

Andrew McElroy
Greg,
See my post here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/testng-users/BkIQeI0l0lc/nUXLFe1ndgcJ
It should be what you are looking for.  Instead of putting:

TestBedEnv.setAbortTestSuite(true);

In your test case, you can put it in onTestFailure in your listener since you want to to skip no matter what test case fails.  This way you do not need to make any changes to any of your existing test cases nor to any new test cases.:

    @Override

public void onTestFailure(ITestResult tr) {

TestBedEnv.setAbortTestSuite(true);

}

<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "<a href="http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.org%2Ftestng-1.0.dtd\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFHihXzQ1YlwcxcDehnw97TuniFLA';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.org%2Ftestng-1.0.dtd\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFHihXzQ1YlwcxcDehnw97TuniFLA';return true;">http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">
[...]

Deepankur Tyagi
Hello,

I am not able to solve this problem.

I am using a retryListner and another listener to remove failed test which have succeeded after retrying.

This works fine when I run my test using testng.xml

This is what I get, and this is what I want
chrome3
Total tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Skips: 0

But when I run the same testng.xml via maven surefire plugin by maven test goal,

I get this

This fails my jenkins build.

Any help will be appreciated.

Below is the relevant part of my pom.xml

<pluginManagement>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<configuration>

<skipTests>true</skipTests>
<excludes>
<exclude>*</exclude>
</excludes>
<source>1.6</source>
<target>1.6</target>

</configuration>

<version>2.3.2</version>

</plugin>

<plugin>
<version>2.17</version>
<configuration>
<testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
<useUnlimitedThreads>true</useUnlimitedThreads>
<properties>
<property>
<name>usedefaultlisteners</name>
<value>false</value>