Re: TestNG Java 8 Lambda Functions

Cédric Beust ♔-2
Hi Sesha,

I haven't seen a need for specific support in TestNG for these features and I'm also trying to keep TestNG Java 1.7 compatible for as long as I can. Overall, I'm not convinced there is a need for anything 1.8 specific in TestNG itself, but maybe you have a few ideas in mind that you could share?

(note: added testng-users@ in Cc).

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 6:53 AM, Atkuru, Sesha V <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Cedric,

  I like to know what developments happening in TestNG supporting Java 8 new features like: lambda functions, streaming.

I see JUnit 5 has this support. Please suggest where I can get more details.

Thanks & Regards,

Sesha Atkuru

Ph# <a href="tel:(470)%20240-9774" value="+14702409774" target="_blank">(470) 240-9774

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.

Re: TestNG Java 8 Lambda Functions

Krishnan Mahadevan
@Sesha,

You could also add your ideas to this issue as comments [ https://github.com/cbeust/testng/issues/864
There's some discussions that is happening on that issue thread as well.