Re: Getting back in testNG swing

Cédric Beust ♔
Hi Paul,

I'll CC testng-dev, which is a better place to discuss these questions...

On 12/11/06, Paul Mendelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed that its been about 10 weeks since I last submitted a
contribution to EmailableReporter or TestNG in general.

I have a couple of questions.

1.  What, if any, would be the best place to put something in the TestNG
build for a target to exercise it?  The target would look like
  <target name="ezfail"      >
    <taskdef resource="testngtasks" classpath="???" />
    <testng classpath="test/build"
        outputdir="???/test-output"

        <classfileset dir="test/build">
            <include name="**/EmailableReportDriver.class"/>
        </classfileset>
    </testng>
  </target>

2.  What sort of contributions are you currently looking for.  I need to
state in advance I'm looking for something that doesn't require too much
time.

Re: Getting back in testNG swing

Alexandru Popescu ☀
Hi Paul!

I am not sure I am getting your message :-). Are you saying that you
haven't been active with TestNG development? If yes, then this is not
a problem, as we all know what OSS development means. It is
understandable that sometimes we are busy with our jobs and not able
to work on oss.

As a generic answer to your second question: you can always pick
things from JIRA, detail your fix ideas on the dev mailing list and
then have a fix for it (or not :-) ).

For the first one, I am not sure what you are asking. Can you please detail?

On 12/12/06, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I'll CC testng-dev, which is a better place to discuss these questions...
>
> --
> Cedric
>

> On 12/11/06, Paul Mendelson < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > I noticed that its been about 10 weeks since I last submitted a
> > contribution to EmailableReporter or TestNG in general.
> >
> > I have a couple of questions.
> >
> > 1.  What, if any, would be the best place to put something in the TestNG
> > build for a target to exercise it?  The target would look like
> >   <target name="ezfail"      >
> >     <taskdef resource="testngtasks" classpath="???" />
> >     <testng classpath="test/build"
> >         outputdir="???/test-output"
> >         >
> >         <classfileset dir="test/build">
> >             <include
> name="**/EmailableReportDriver.class"/>
> >         </classfileset>
> >     </testng>
> >   </target>
> >
> > 2.  What sort of contributions are you currently looking for.  I need to
> > state in advance I'm looking for something that doesn't require too much
> > time.
> >

>  --
> Cédric
>  >

Re: Getting back in testNG swing

pmendelson2

My question regarding

 >   <target name="ezfail"      >
>     <taskdef resource="testngtasks" classpath="???" />
>     <testng classpath="test/build"
>         outputdir="???/test-output"

>         <classfileset dir="test/build">
>             <include name="**/EmailableReportDriver.class"/>
>         </classfileset>
>     </testng>
>   </target>

is that I want to run some tests that fail a few different ways to ge
sample output from EamilableReportDriver.  I wonder if that is
appropriate and which build.xml should I put it in.