Question about dependent methods.

Alex Ruiz-2
I'm running some tests using the TestNG plug-in for Eclipse. Test B depends on test A (hard dependency). So test A fails and I see the console output like this:

FAILED: A
java.lang.AssertionError: etc
... Removed 22 stack frames
SKIPPED: B

which is really cool.

My question is, is there a way to display the reason B was skipped (something like "Skipped because dependency (test A) failed"). I swear I checked the documentation before asking :D

Thanks!
Alex

Re: Question about dependent methods.

Cédric Beust ♔
Hi Alex,

No, there is no further explanation at the moment for the reason of the skip.

I'm guessing only simple dependencies are being used currently, so diagnosing the skip is usually fairly easy...

On 2/9/07, Alex Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm running some tests using the TestNG plug-in for Eclipse. Test B depends on test A (hard dependency). So test A fails and I see the console output like this:

FAILED: A
java.lang.AssertionError: etc
... Removed 22 stack frames
SKIPPED: B

which is really cool.

My question is, is there a way to display the reason B was skipped (something like "Skipped because dependency (test A) failed"). I swear I checked the documentation before asking :D

Thanks!
Alex

Re: Question about dependent methods.

Currently this information is not displayed, and skipped tests do not
have an associated reason. The change is internally quite radical as
only the failures are recorded with additional information (the
exception). But I will give it a look and see what can we do.

....  don't forget the @Before-s ;-).

>  --
> Cedric
>

> On 2/9/07, Alex Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm running some tests using the TestNG plug-in for Eclipse. Test B
> depends on test A (hard dependency). So test A fails and I see the console
> output like this:
> >
> > FAILED: A
> > java.lang.AssertionError: etc
> > ... Removed 22 stack frames
> > SKIPPED: B
> >
> > which is really cool.
> >
> > My question is, is there a way to display the reason B was skipped
> (something like "Skipped because dependency (test A) failed"). I swear I
> checked the documentation before asking :D
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Alex

>  >

Re: Question about dependent methods.

Alex Ruiz-2
Cedric: True, it is easy to diagnose...I was just wondering if I was missing something :)
Alex: Would be nice to have...especially when non-developers are looking at the results :)

Thanks a lot!
Alex.