Parameters

tarun3kumar

Hi,
I seams like TestNG cannot parse parameters to a method which take an interface instead of class as parameter. It throw an IllegalArgumentException and works fine, if I change method parameter to the implementation class. Is this a bug or am I missing something? :]  I am using a dataprovider to feed my tests.

Regards,
Lars Pultz

Re: Parameters

Alexandru Popescu ☀

Can you show us the code pls?

On 1/8/07, Lars Pultz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I seams like TestNG cannot parse parameters to a method which take an interface instead of class as parameter. It throw an IllegalArgumentException and works fine, if I change method parameter to the implementation class. Is this a bug or am I missing something? :]  I am using a dataprovider to feed my tests.
>
> Regards,
> Lars Pultz

Re: Parameters

Hi Lars,

Well, since you are the one creating these parameters with your @DataProvider, it's entirely up to you :-)

I am guessing you are returning the wrong kind of Object[][], can you please post your code?

Thanks.

On 1/8/07, Lars Pultz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I seams like TestNG cannot parse parameters to a method which take an interface instead of class as parameter. It throw an IllegalArgumentException and works fine, if I change method parameter to the implementation class. Is this a bug or am I missing something? :]  I am using a dataprovider to feed my tests.

Regards,
Lars Pultz

Re: Parameters

tarun3kumar

Hi,
I'm having trouble re-producing the problem :) so I guess, my source must have been out of sync with the class files (JDK1.4) or something like that!  Any way case closed!

Best regards,
Lars Pultz