Parallel vs preserve-order, and reading selective records from data providers.

Parallel vs preserve-order, and reading selective records from data providers.

Rajdeep Biswas
Hello.

I have two questions.

  1. What is the difference between preserve-order and parallel?

  2. I have a need in my project where I have a large test suite. The classes extend a base class that has implemented logic to read test cases from csv.

    For example, there is one method and several test cases are run from the data provider file.
    Now I have a need to create new test suite xmls as small, medium, and large. The thing is that for the same method, I, say, want to run index 1 test case in small suite, while others in medium or large suite. How do I achieve it while also making sure that existing large suite xml calling the tests with their packages work without any issue.

    For different methods that do not rely on external data provider and have data within them, I have created below forma in the suite xmls.

    <suite...>
        <test>
            <classes>
                <class...>