No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error when each test has group-by-instance set to true.

SPS

No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error when each test has group-by-instance set to true.

SPS
Hello
I have 3 test classes in a suite. Each test class has multiple data row.so I using factory method with group-by-instance="true"
when I try to run the suite with three test class

it gives No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error

If I create three individual  suites with one test class per suite .it works fine. As suggested on some post I set

setPreserveOrder("False") which bypassed the error but each data row ran twice.

Please suggest some solution.

Re: No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error when each test has group-by-instance set to true.

Krishnan Mahadevan

You would need to show us :

1. Your test code.
2. Your suite xml.

SPS

Re: No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error when each test has group-by-instance set to true.

SPS
We build the xml dynamically, in this situation it unable to build it. It throws exception

org.testng.TestNGException:

SPS

Re: No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error when each test has group-by-instance set to true.

SPS
Here is my xml and tests

public class Test1
{
        @Factory(dataProvider = "getData", dataProviderClass = DataProvider.class)
       public static Object[] createInstances(Hashtable<String, String> data)
 {
      return new Object[]
     { new Test1(data) };
 }

 public Test1(Hashtable<String, String> data)
 {

        }
 public void method1(){

##########################
public class Test2
{
        @Factory(dataProvider = "getData", dataProviderClass = DataProvider.class)
 public static Object[] createInstances(Hashtable<String, String> data)
 {
      return new Object[]
     { new Test2(data) };
 }

 public Test2(Hashtable<String, String> data)
 {

        }
 public void method1(){

#################################

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">

<suite thread-count="0" verbose="5" name="ABC Tests" data-provider-thread-count="0" group-by-instances="true">

<parameter name="EnvironmentURL" value="https://abc.com/"/>

<listeners>

<listener class-name="ABCListener"/>

</listeners>

<test thread-count="0" verbose="0" name="Test1" time-out="0">

<parameter name="SheetName" value="QAZ"/>

<parameter name="FileName" value="\\ABC.xlsx"/>

<classes>

<class name="Test1">

</class>

<test thread-count="0" verbose="0" name="Test2 " time-out="0">

<parameter name="SheetName" value="QAZ"/>

<parameter name="FileName" value="\\ABC.xlsx"/>

<classes>

<class name="Test2">

</class>

SPS

SPS

Re: No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error when each test has group-by-instance set to true.

Krishnan Mahadevan
Sneha,

I am not able to recreate your problem. So you would need to share a complete working sample which can be executed to recreate the problem. You can stub out the business logic and replace it with sysouts.

Here's the sample that I tried :

package organized.chaos.forums.testng;

import org.testng.Assert;
import org.testng.annotations.Factory;
import org.testng.annotations.Test;

import java.util.Map;

public class TestClass1 {
@Factory (dataProvider = "getData", dataProviderClass = LocalDataProvider.class)
public static Object[] createInstances(Map<String, String> data) {
return new Object[] {
new TestClass1(data)
};
}

private Map<String, String> map;

public TestClass1(Map<String, String> data) {
this.map = data;
System.err.println("Instantiating " + getClass().getName() + " on thread " + threadId());

}

private long threadId() {
return Thread.currentThread().getId();

public void method1() {
Assert.assertFalse(this.map.isEmpty());
String method = getClass().getName() + "." + new Object(){}.getClass().getEnclosingMethod().getName() + "() ";
System.err.println("Executing " + method + " on thread " + threadId());

public void method2() {
Assert.assertFalse(this.map.isEmpty());
String method = getClass().getName() + "." + new Object(){}.getClass().getEnclosingMethod().getName() + "() ";
System.err.println("Executing " + method + " on thread " + threadId());

package organized.chaos.forums.testng;

import org.testng.Assert;
import org.testng.annotations.Factory;
import org.testng.annotations.Test;

import java.util.Map;

public class TestClass2 {
@Factory (dataProvider = "getData", dataProviderClass = LocalDataProvider.class)
public static Object[] createInstances(Map<String, String> data) {
return new Object[] {
new TestClass2(data)
};
}

private Map<String, String> map;

public TestClass2(Map<String, String> data) {
this.map = data;
System.err.println("Instantiating " + getClass().getName() + " on thread " + threadId());
}

private long threadId() {
return Thread.currentThread().getId();

public void method1() {
Assert.assertFalse(this.map.isEmpty());
String method = getClass().getName() + "." + new Object() {
}.getClass().getEnclosingMethod().getName() + "() ";
System.err.println("Executing " + method + " on thread " + threadId());

public void method2() {
Assert.assertFalse(this.map.isEmpty());
String method = getClass().getName() + "." + new Object() {
}.getClass().getEnclosingMethod().getName() + "() ";
System.err.println("Executing " + method + " on thread " + threadId());

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">
<suite thread-count="5" verbose="5" name="ABC Tests" data-provider-thread-count="0" group-by-instances="true"
parallel="tests">
<test thread-count="0" verbose="0" name="Test1" time-out="0">
<classes>
<class name="organized.chaos.forums.testng.TestClass1"/>

<test thread-count="0" verbose="0" name="Test2 " time-out="0">
<classes>
<class name="organized.chaos.forums.testng.TestClass2"/>

SPS

Re: No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error when each test has group-by-instance set to true.

shrey chaturvedi
Hi,

Can you tell me how did you solved this issue? I am also facing this same issue...

Can somebody help?

On Monday, 29 August 2016 15:27:54 UTC+5:30, SPS wrote:
Thanks Krishnan. The problem is solved. Had an issue while building testing.xml.
On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 12:55:39 PM UTC-5, SPS wrote:
Hello
I have 3 test classes in a suite. Each test class has multiple data row.so I using factory method with group-by-instance="true"
when I try to run the suite with three test class

it gives No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error

If I create three individual  suites with one test class per suite .it works fine. As suggested on some post I set

setPreserveOrder("False") which bypassed the error but each data row ran twice.

Please suggest some solution.

Re: No free nodes found in:[DynamicGraph error when each test has group-by-instance set to true.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Shrey,

Can you please help share your suite xml file that is causing the problem for you ?