Missing lib -> Guice

Leonardo Galani-2
Cedric,

I tried to run testng on command line with custom listener (for reportng) and i got a error that guice lib was missing.
The fact is reportng dont use guice :)

So i download guice lib and it all worked out.

Can you see if there is depedency on guice on testng and if you can ship the next version with it ?! :)

Thks.

Att
Leonardo Barba Galani
Tester!

Java, Selenium e Coca Cola

Re: Missing lib -> Guice

吴亭

Hi
what version of testng you are using now?  i remember this problem had been fixed by the authors.

Cedric,

I tried to run testng on command line with custom listener (for reportng) and i got a error that guice lib was missing.
The fact is reportng dont use guice :)

So i download guice lib and it all worked out.

Can you see if there is depedency on guice on testng and if you can ship the next version with it ?! :)

Thks.

Att
Leonardo Barba Galani
Tester!

Java, Selenium e Coca Cola

Re: Re: Missing lib -> Guice

Leonardo Galani-2
Cedric,

Im using testng-6.3.1.

I dont use the testng that comes with selenium lib.

Att
Leonardo Barba Galani
Tester!

<a onclick="return checkLinkHref(this.href);" style="font-family: Tahoma; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" href="http://www.leonardobg.com.br">Java, Selenium e Coca Cola
You must be using an older version of TestNG, TestNG no longer uses Guice.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:11 AM, Leonardo Galani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cedric,

I tried to run testng on command line with custom listener (for reportng) and i got a error that guice lib was missing.
The fact is reportng dont use guice :)

So i download guice lib and it all worked out.

Can you see if there is depedency on guice on testng and if you can ship the next version with it ?! :)

Thks.

Att
Leonardo Barba Galani
Tester!

<a onclick="return checkLinkHref(this.href);" target="_blank" style="font-family:Tahoma;color:rgb(0,0,0)" href="http://www.leonardobg.com.br">Java, Selenium e Coca Cola

Re: Re: Re: Missing lib -> Guice

Leonardo Galani-2

Here is the piece of stack error that i sent to Dan of the "ReportNG"

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/inject/Mod
ule
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2442)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2562)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1427)
        at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.getAccessibleMethods(
ClassMap.java:258)
        at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.populateMethodCache(C
lassMap.java:151)
.
.
.
.
        at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:449)
        at org.uncommons.reportng.AbstractReporter.generateFile(AbstractReporter
.java:108)
        at org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.createOverview(HTMLReporter.java:
142)
        at org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.generateReport(HTMLReporter.java:
107)
        at org.testng.TestNG.generateReports(TestNG.java:1032)
        at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:991)
        at org.testng.TestNG.privateMain(TestNG.java:1282)
        at org.testng.TestNG.main(TestNG.java:1246)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.inject.Module
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        ... 35 more

Att
Leonardo Barba Galani
Tester!

<a onclick="return checkLinkHref(this.href);" style="font-family: Tahoma; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" href="http://www.leonardobg.com.br">Java, Selenium e Coca Cola

Intellij Executes Data Provider but never Gets to Test

Kevin Simonson

I’ve got a TestNG test method <getRecord()> that has a data provider <getRecParms()> that I’m trying to get working with IntelliJ.  I set a couple of breakpoints in <getRecParms()>, one of them at the very end of the method where it does a <return result;>, and I verified that <result> actually has values, namely an array of thirty elements, each of which element is a three element array, the first element a <Boolean>, the second a <ProjectEnum>, and the third element a <String>.  IntelliJ gets that far, and I set a breakpoint at the very beginning of <getRecord()>, but when I click on the green arrow icon it never gets to that breakpoint.

If I click on the <Console> tab I get a window that says:

  ^ Test Results

[-]   ^ org.familysearch.cds.acceptance

    [-]   ^ CollectionEndpointTest

        [+]   ^ getRecord (false, CENSUS_1, “”)

              ^ getRecord (false, PROBATE_3, “”)

              ^ getRecord (false, VITALS_4, “”)

              ^ getRecord (false, CENSUS_1, “7j7”)

              ^ getRecord (false, PROBATE_3, “7j7”)

              ^ getRecord (false, VITALS_4, “7j7”)

              ^ getRecord (false, CENSUS_1, “-1”)

              etc.

This seems to be a declaration that all these tests have failed.  How can the tests fail without IntelliJ ever getting to my breakpoint at the beginning of <testRecord()>?  Any information you can give me on this would be appreciated.

Kevin S

    @Test(dataProvider = "getRecParms", groups = { "middle-phase" })

    public void getRecord (     Boolean shouldWork

                          , ProjectEnum projEnum

                          ,      String rcId) throws CdsWsClientException {

        Collection cl = cdsManager.getCollection( null, projEnum.getCollectionId());

        String clId   = "" + cl.getDbId();

        try {

            CdsRecord cRc = cdsManager.getRecord( null, clId, rcId);

            Assert.assertTrue( shouldWork, "Expected an exception because record id is invalid; instead it worked!");

            String problem = misMatch( cRc, new FsiRecordDirector( rcId, false).getRecord());

            Assert.assertTrue

                ( problem == null

                , "Record returned via the endpoint had a " + problem + " field that didn't match expected record!");

        } catch (CdsWsClientException excptn) {

            Assert.assertFalse

              ( shouldWork

              ,   "Expected a valid record; instead \"/cds/collection/" + clId + "/record/" + rcId

                + "\" resulted in a <CdsMsgException> being thrown!");

Re: Intellij Executes Data Provider but never Gets to Test

Cédric Beust ♔-2
Hi Kevin,

Can you send me a small test class that I can build on my end to reproduce the problem? Also, I suggest making this happen on the command line first, just to make sure it's not an IDEA problem.

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Kevin Simonson <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Never mind!  It turned out I just needed to run Maven on arguments “clean verify”.

Kevin S

Re: Re: Re: Missing lib -> Guice

Arno Jost
I'm using reportng-1.1.3 + velocity-dep-1.4 and testng-6.5.1 and i'm getting the error below when i try to run a working TestNG-Suite with the org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter

I posted the assumption about the Velocity-lib beeing the problem to the reportng-forum (https://github.com/dwdyer/reportng/issues/28#issuecomment-5742890) and got following answer from Dan Dyer:
"... This problem appears to have materialised with newer versions of TestNG. I'm certain that neither ReportNG nor Velocity depend on Guice. Version 1.4 of Velocity is years old, Guice didn't even exist when it was released. My suspicion is that something in TestNG or one of it's dependencies depends on Guice and Velocity inadvertently triggers that code. ..."

Could it be that you reintroduced the dependency to Guice with newer versions of TestNG?

Thx in advance for any help!

--- stacktrace

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/inject/Module
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2547)
at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1410)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.getAccessibleMethods(ClassMap.java:258)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.populateMethodCache(ClassMap.java:151)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.(ClassMap.java:64)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.IntrospectorBase.createClassMap(IntrospectorBase.java:126)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.IntrospectorBase.getMethod(IntrospectorBase.java:112)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.Introspector.getMethod(Introspector.java:100)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.PropertyExecutor.discover(PropertyExecutor.java:65)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.PropertyExecutor.(PropertyExecutor.java:39)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl.getPropertyGet(UberspectImpl.java:156)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:125)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:175)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:327)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTAddNode.value(ASTAddNode.java:66)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTExpression.value(ASTExpression.java:51)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTSetDirective.render(ASTSetDirective.java:95)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:166)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:114)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:166)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:114)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230)
at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:256)
at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:449)
at org.uncommons.reportng.AbstractReporter.generateFile(AbstractReporter.java:108)
at org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.createOverview(HTMLReporter.java:142)
at org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.generateReport(HTMLReporter.java:107)
at org.testng.TestNG.generateReports(TestNG.java:1064)
at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:1023)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.run(RemoteTestNG.java:107)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.initAndRun(RemoteTestNG.java:199)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.main(RemoteTestNG.java:170)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.inject.Module
... 36 more

Cedric Beust wrote

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Leonardo Galani <leo@leonardobg.com.br>wrote:

> Here is the piece of stack error that i sent to Dan of the "ReportNG"

> com/google/inject/Mod
> ule
>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2442)
>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2562)
>         at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1427)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.getAccessibleMethods(
> ClassMap.java:258)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.populateMethodCache(C
> lassMap.java:151)
> .
> .
> .
> .
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:449)
>         at
> org.uncommons.reportng.AbstractReporter.generateFile(AbstractReporter
> .java:108)
>         at
> org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.createOverview(HTMLReporter.java:
> 142)
>         at
> org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.generateReport(HTMLReporter.java:
> 107)
>         at org.testng.TestNG.generateReports(TestNG.java:1032)
>         at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:991)
>         at org.testng.TestNG.privateMain(TestNG.java:1282)
>         at org.testng.TestNG.main(TestNG.java:1246)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.inject.Module
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
>         ... 35 more
>

> Att
> *Leonardo Barba Galani
> Tester!**
> **Java, Selenium e Coca Cola* <http://www.leonardobg.com.br>

Re: Re: Re: Missing lib -> Guice

jeevan-8
I got the same error.... just download the Velocity jar file from Apache and add the same... it will work.

Thanks,
Jeevan

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Jostar <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm using reportng-1.1.3 + velocity-dep-1.4 and testng-6.5.1 and i'm getting
the error below when i try to run a working TestNG-Suite with the
org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter

I posted the assumption about the Velocity-lib beeing the problem to the
reportng-forum
(https://github.com/dwdyer/reportng/issues/28#issuecomment-5742890) and got
following answer from Dan Dyer:
"... This problem appears to have materialised with newer versions of
TestNG. I'm certain that neither ReportNG nor Velocity depend on Guice.
Version 1.4 of Velocity is years old, Guice didn't even exist when it was
released. My suspicion is that something in TestNG or one of it's
dependencies depends on Guice and Velocity inadvertently triggers that code.
..."

Cedric Beust wrote:

> Looks like ReportNG calls Velocity, which then does some introspection but
> I can't tell which class it's trying to introspect...

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Leonardo Galani
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Here is the piece of stack error that i sent to Dan of the "ReportNG"

>> com/google/inject/Mod
>> ule
>>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2442)
>>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2562)
>>         at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1427)
>>         at
>> org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.getAccessibleMethods(
>> ClassMap.java:258)
>>         at
>> org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.populateMethodCache(C
>> lassMap.java:151)
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>         at
>> org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:449)
>>         at
>> org.uncommons.reportng.AbstractReporter.generateFile(AbstractReporter
>> .java:108)
>>         at
>> org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.createOverview(HTMLReporter.java:
>> 142)
>>         at
>> org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.generateReport(HTMLReporter.java:
>> 107)
>>         at org.testng.TestNG.generateReports(TestNG.java:1032)
>>         at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:991)
>>         at org.testng.TestNG.privateMain(TestNG.java:1282)
>>         at org.testng.TestNG.main(TestNG.java:1246)
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.inject.Module
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
>>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
>>         ... 35 more
>>

>> Att
>> *Leonardo Barba Galani
>> Tester!**
>> **Java, Selenium e Coca Cola* <http://www.leonardobg.com.br>

Re: Re: Re: Missing lib -> Guice

There is a dependency on Guice that should only be triggered if you use TestNG's @Guice annotation.

Cedric Beust wrote:

> Looks like ReportNG calls Velocity, which then does some introspection but
> I can't tell which class it's trying to introspect...

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Leonardo Galani
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Here is the piece of stack error that i sent to Dan of the "ReportNG"

>> com/google/inject/Mod
>> ule
>>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2442)
>>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2562)
>>         at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1427)
>>         at
>> org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.getAccessibleMethods(
>> ClassMap.java:258)
>>         at
>> org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.ClassMap.populateMethodCache(C
>> lassMap.java:151)
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>         at
>> org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:449)
>>         at
>> org.uncommons.reportng.AbstractReporter.generateFile(AbstractReporter
>> .java:108)
>>         at
>> org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.createOverview(HTMLReporter.java:
>> 142)
>>         at
>> org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.generateReport(HTMLReporter.java:
>> 107)
>>         at org.testng.TestNG.generateReports(TestNG.java:1032)
>>         at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:991)
>>         at org.testng.TestNG.privateMain(TestNG.java:1282)
>>         at org.testng.TestNG.main(TestNG.java:1246)
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.inject.Module
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
>>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
>>         ... 35 more
>>

>> Att
>> *Leonardo Barba Galani
>> Tester!**
>> **Java, Selenium e Coca Cola* <http://www.leonardobg.com.br>

Re: Re: Re: Missing lib -> Guice

Arno Jost
I agree! But i definitely don't have any @Guice annotation! I just got the same error when runing my "dummiest" test class... ;)

Cedric Beust wrote

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Jostar <arno.jost@hispeed.ch> wrote:

> [...]
> >> 142)
> >>         at
> >> org.uncommons.reportng.HTMLReporter.generateReport(HTMLReporter.java:
> >> 107)
> >>         at org.testng.TestNG.generateReports(TestNG.java:1032)
> >>         at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:991)
> >>         at org.testng.TestNG.privateMain(TestNG.java:1282)
> >>         at org.testng.TestNG.main(TestNG.java:1246)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.inject.Module
> >>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
> >>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
> >>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
> >>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
> >>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
> >>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)

Re: Re: Re: Missing lib -> Guice

Arno Jost
reportng-1.1.3-jar has an explicite dependency (MANIFEST.MF) to velocity-dep-1.4.jar, so no easy way o replace that one by a newer version.

i tried anyway to add the newest velocity-jar (velocity-1.7-dep.jar) to my classpath which as expected didn't change anything (still get the error posted previously)

jeevan-8 wrote