Maven SureFire Plugin Hangs at Report Generation

Maven SureFire Plugin Hangs at Report Generation

santhosh soma
Hi Team,

Jenkins job is getting hang while generating the TestNg Report. We are running the TestNG cases with Maven SureFire plugin.

I have taken the thread dump and used online tools to analyze the thread dump. I have not understand much to conclude something.

Can someone please help me out to get the report.

Note: I have not terminated the job and attached the thread dump.

How can we avoid this issue in the future? Is it something related to plugin issue?

Thanks
Santhosh.

threaddump.txt (57K) Download Attachment

Re: Maven SureFire Plugin Hangs at Report Generation

SUBRAMANYESWARA RAO BHAVIRISETTY
It failed while running the tests. Can you give more details about testng version and maven-surefireplugin version?

Not sure if it's related to this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1193.

"main" #1 prio=5 os_prio=31 tid=0x00007f9da480b800 nid=0x1003 waiting on condition [0x0000700000182000] java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (parking) at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method) - parking to wait for <0x00000006c2693078> (a java.util.concurrent.FutureTask) at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:215) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.awaitDone(FutureTask.java:426) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:204) at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.invokeAll(AbstractExecutorService.java:289) at org.testng.internal.thread.ThreadUtil.execute(ThreadUtil.java:72) at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runInParallelTestMode(SuiteRunner.java:406) at org.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(SuiteRunner.java:343) at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:289) at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.runSuite(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:52) at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.run(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:86) at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesSequentially(TestNG.java:1293) at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:1218) at org.testng.TestNG.runSuites(TestNG.java:1133) at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:1104)

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:10 AM, santhosh soma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Team,

Jenkins job is getting hang while generating the TestNg Report. We are running the TestNG cases with Maven SureFire plugin.

I have taken the thread dump and used online tools to analyze the thread dump. I have not understand much to conclude something.

Can someone please help me out to get the report.

Note: I have not terminated the job and attached the thread dump.

How can we avoid this issue in the future? Is it something related to plugin issue?

Thanks
Santhosh.

Subramanyam