Lookup Failed error

Balamurugan Ramadoss
Hi All,

I am newbie to this TestNG.  I would be very grateful if any of you solve my problem.

I want to create a Test for my business method which uses Context Lookup.

I am getting lookup failed exception.

I am using JBoss AS and Hibernate for Database Mapping....

--

Regards
R.Balamurugan

Re: Lookup Failed error

Alexandru Popescu ☀

It would help a lot if you can:

1/ tell us what TestNG version are you using
2/ show us at least the exception you are getting
3/ show us the code you are using

On 2/21/07, Balamurugan Ramadoss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am newbie to this TestNG.  I would be very grateful if any of you solve my
> problem.
>
> I want to create a Test for my business method which uses Context Lookup.
>
> I am getting lookup failed exception.
>
> I am using JBoss AS and Hibernate for Database Mapping....
>

> --
>
> Regards
> R.Balamurugan
>  >

Re: Lookup Failed error

Balamurugan Ramadoss

We are using TestNG 5.5.0 version. The exception stack trace which we are getting is shown below.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.ingenix.itg.detects.service.ServiceFactory).

java.io.FileNotFoundException

: D:\Bala\My Projects\Detects_061025\detectsEJB\config\security.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(

Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.enterprise.util.Utility.getPropertiesFromFile(

Utility.java:42)

at com.sun.enterprise.iiop.POAEJBORB.<clinit>(

POAEJBORB.java:78)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(

Native Method)

at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(Unknown Source)

at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.enterprise.util.ORBManager.createORB(

ORBManager.java:138)

at com.sun.enterprise.util.ORBManager.init(

ORBManager.java:65)

at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory.<init>(

SerialInitContextFactory.java:31)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(

Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.ingenix.itg.framework.util.JNDIUtils.lookup(

JNDIUtils.java:63)

at com.ingenix.itg.framework.dao.JNDISessionFactoryProvider.getSession(

JNDISessionFactoryProvider.java:83)

at com.ingenix.itg.framework.dao.JNDISessionFactoryProvider.getSession(

JNDISessionFactoryProvider.java:58)

at com.ingenix.itg.detects.lookup.dao.LookupDAOImpl._findAllSubjectTypes(

LookupDAOImpl.java:266)

at com.ingenix.itg.detects.lookup.dao.LookupDAOImpl.findAllSubjectTypes(

LookupDAOImpl.java:254)

at com.ingenix.itg.detects.lookup.LookupManagerImpl.findAllSubjectTypes(

LookupManagerImpl.java:134)

at com.ingenix.itg.detects_5_0.testcases.TSR_4505_testCase.setUp(

TSR_4505_testCase.java:70)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(

Native Method)

at org.testng.internal.MethodHelper.invokeMethod(

MethodHelper.java:645)

at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurationMethod(

Invoker.java:385)

at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(

Invoker.java:141)

at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(

Invoker.java:79)

at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeBeforeClassMethods(

TestMethodWorker.java:158)

at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.run(

TestMethodWorker.java:103)

at org.testng.TestRunner.runWorkers(

TestRunner.java:673)

at org.testng.TestRunner.privateRun(

TestRunner.java:620)

at org.testng.TestRunner.run(

TestRunner.java:480)

at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runTest(

SuiteRunner.java:278)

at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runSequentially(

SuiteRunner.java:273)

at org.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(

SuiteRunner.java:253)

at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(

SuiteRunner.java:168)

at org.testng.TestNG.createAndRunSuiteRunners(

TestNG.java:987)

at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(

TestNG.java:951)

at org.testng.TestNG.run(

TestNG.java:719)

at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.run(

RemoteTestNG.java:73)

at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.main(

RemoteTestNG.java:122)

java.io.FileNotFoundException

: D:\Bala\My Projects\Detects_061025\detectsEJB\config\ejb.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(

Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.enterprise.util.Utility.getPropertiesFromFile(

Utility.java:42)

at com.sun.enterprise.iiop.J2EEInitializer.<init>(

J2EEInitializer.java:54)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(

Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.Interceptors.PIORB.registerORBInitializers(

PIORB.java:377)

at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.Interceptors.PIORB.parseProperties(

PIORB.java:347)

at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.TxPOA.TxPIORB.parseProperties(

TxPIORB.java:116)

at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.ORB.set_parameters(

ORB.java:461)

at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.POA.POAORB.set_parameters(

POAORB.java:156)

at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.Interceptors.PIORB.set_parameters(

PIORB.java:336)

[...]

Warning: unable to read transaction.interoperability config property

FAILED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeClass setUp

com.ingenix.itg.framework.error.SystemException

: com.ingenix.itg.framework.util.JNDILookupException: JNDIUtils.lookup failed, could not find java:/hibernate/SessionFactory

at com.ingenix.itg.framework.dao.JNDISessionFactoryProvider.getSession(

JNDISessionFactoryProvider.java:62)

at com.ingenix.itg.detects.lookup.dao.LookupDAOImpl._findAllSubjectTypes(

LookupDAOImpl.java:266)

at com.ingenix.itg.detects.lookup.dao.LookupDAOImpl.findAllSubjectTypes(

LookupDAOImpl.java:254)

at com.ingenix.itg.detects.lookup.LookupManagerImpl.findAllSubjectTypes(

LookupManagerImpl.java:134)

at com.ingenix.itg.detects_5_0.testcases.TSR_4505_testCase.setUp(

TSR_4505_testCase.java:70)

Caused by:

com.ingenix.itg.framework.util.JNDILookupException: JNDIUtils.lookup failed, could not find java:/hibernate/SessionFactory

at com.ingenix.itg.framework.util.JNDIUtils.lookup(

JNDIUtils.java:77)

at com.ingenix.itg.framework.dao.JNDISessionFactoryProvider.getSession(

JNDISessionFactoryProvider.java:83)

at com.ingenix.itg.framework.dao.JNDISessionFactoryProvider.getSession(

JNDISessionFactoryProvider.java:58)

... 26 more

... Removed 22 stack frames

--

Regards
R.Balamurugan

Re: Lookup Failed error

Alexandru Popescu ☀

I think the error is the lack of the security.properties, and it
doesn't seem to have anything related to TestNG.

On 2/22/07, Balamurugan Ramadoss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>

> On 2/21/07, Alexandru Popescu
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > It would help a lot if you can:
> >
> > 1/ tell us what TestNG version are you using
> > 2/ show us at least the exception you are getting
> > 3/ show us the code you are using
> >
> > ./alex
> > --
> > .w( the_mindstorm )p.
> > TestNG co-founder
> > EclipseTestNG Creator
> >

> > On 2/21/07, Balamurugan Ramadoss <[hidden email] > wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I am newbie to this TestNG.  I would be very grateful if any of you
> solve my
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > I want to create a Test for my business method which uses Context
> Lookup.
> > >
> > > I am getting lookup failed exception.
> > >
> > > I am using JBoss AS and Hibernate for Database Mapping....

Re: Lookup Failed error

Balamurugan Ramadoss
We are using hibernate as Database Mapping tool.  Does TestNG support hibernate framework?  If so can i have sample code ?  Because we are in critical situation for delivering it...

--

Regards
R.Balamurugan

Re: Lookup Failed error

Hani Suleiman

It sounds like you have a fairly fundamental misunderstanding of many
important things.

TestNG has nothing to do with hibernate, your question makes no sense.

On Feb 22, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Balamurugan Ramadoss wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Caused by:
> > com.ingenix.itg.framework.util.JNDILookupException :
> > JNDIUtils.lookup failed, could not find java:/hibernate/
> SessionFactory
> >
> > at
> > com.ingenix.itg.framework.util.JNDIUtils.lookup(JNDIUtils.java:77)
> >
> > at
> >
> com.ingenix.itg.framework.dao.JNDISessionFactoryProvider.getSession
> (JNDISessionFactoryProvider.java:83)
> >
> > at
> >
> com.ingenix.itg.framework.dao.JNDISessionFactoryProvider.getSession
> (JNDISessionFactoryProvider.java:58)
> >
> > ... 26 more
> >
> > ... Removed 22 stack frames
> >

> > On 2/21/07, Alexandru Popescu
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > It would help a lot if you can:
> > >
> > > 1/ tell us what TestNG version are you using
> > > 2/ show us at least the exception you are getting

Re: Lookup Failed error

Steve Loughran-7

On 22/02/07, Balamurugan Ramadoss <[hidden email]> wrote:

>We are using hibernate as Database Mapping tool.  Does TestNG support
hibernate >framework?  If so can i have sample code ?  Because we are
in critical situation for >delivering it...

There is no point me sending you any hibernate code, because this
stack trace makes it clear this has nothing to do with Hibernate. It
has everything to do with javax.naming and initial JNDI contexts

> (com.ingenix.itg.detects.service.ServiceFactory).

1. create a file log4j.properties to set up your log4j logging.

> java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Bala\My
> Projects\Detects_061025\detectsEJB\config\security.properties
> (The system cannot find the path specified)

This is EJB

> at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>
> at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.util.Utility.getPropertiesFromFile(Utility.java:42)
>
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.iiop.POAEJBORB.<clinit>(POAEJBORB.java:78)

> at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
>
> at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(Unknown Source)
>
> at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(Unknown Source)
>
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.util.ORBManager.createORB(ORBManager.java:138)
>
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.util.ORBManager.init(ORBManager.java:65)

This is CORBA

> at
> com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory.<init>(SerialInitContextFactory.java:31)

This could be JNDI

> at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>
> at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
>
> at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
> at
> com.ingenix.itg.framework.util.JNDIUtils.lookup(JNDIUtils.java:63)

Yes, this is you doing a JDNI call, creating an initial context

Not knowing a line of your code, and without any intent to look at or
help you debug further, I'd guess that you are creating a new
javax.naming initial context, which is trying to bring up Corba which
is failing for some reason.

Some possible causes

1. you have code that works on an App server but not in a normal
process where there is no default initial context.

2. you have neglected to set the system properties to set up JDNI

3. you have set up JNDI via the system properties, but done it wrong.

4. You have set up the JNDI stuff, but not the classpath.

Hibernate runs perfectly well under TestNG or JUnit; one reason I
prefer it to EJB3 persistence is because you get exactly the same
hibernate runtime in a test run as you would under an app server.
However, other bits of Java EE do not, because they need an app
server.

I fear you are in this situation.

If so, in the absence of testng-on-appserver support (I dont know of
any), you could port your tests to Apache cactus and run them in the
app server. TestNG may be able to start cactus JUnit tests and collect
the results.

Otherwise, you have config problems. Nobody can help you with those,
because they are your problems alone.

-steve
-Steve

ps, a pointer to cactus:
http://people.apache.org/~stevel/slides/beyond_unit_testing.pdf

-steve

Re: Lookup Failed error

Balamurugan Ramadoss
Thanks Steve.. We arrived at the solution.