Latest plugin breaks on IDEA 6.0.4

Phillip Ross-2

I get the internal exception when running a test on IDEA 6.0.4, TestNG 5.5, and the TestNG IDEA plugin 0.5.6. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or install an older version of the plugin?

No message
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.intellij.codeInsight.AnnotationUtil.findAnnotation(AnnotationUtil.java:73)
        at com.theoryinpractice.testng.util.TestNGUtil.filterAnnotations(TestNGUtil.java:148)
        at com.theoryinpractice.testng.TestNGRunnableState.calculateDependencies(TestNGRunnableState.java:422)
        at com.theoryinpractice.testng.TestNGRunnableState.createJavaParameters(TestNGRunnableState.java:230)
        at com.intellij.execution.configurations.JavaCommandLineState.getJavaParameters(JavaCommandLineState.java:30)
        at com.intellij.execution.runners.RunStrategy.executeCommandLine(RunStrategy.java:53)
        at com.intellij.execution.runners.RunStrategy.a(RunStrategy.java:88)
        at com.intellij.execution.runners.RunStrategy.access$000(RunStrategy.java:71)
        at com.intellij.execution.runners.RunStrategy$3.run(RunStrategy.java:3)
        at com.intellij.execution.impl.ExecutionManagerImpl$1.run(ExecutionManagerImpl.java:11)
        at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.LaterInvocator$FlushQueue.run(LaterInvocator.java:10)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
        at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.b(IdeEventQueue.java:8)
        at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.a(IdeEventQueue.java:72)
        at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:73)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Re: Latest plugin breaks on IDEA 6.0.4

Phillip Ross-2

Looks like this has come up for others as well:

http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEADEV-12068

Re: Latest plugin breaks on IDEA 6.0.4

Mark Derricutt
Hey there Patrick,

I've added in a NPE check going into this code and I saw that Hani had already added a check for a certain condition but it seems theres some other condition triggering it.  As yet I've not been able to reproduce it thou - the NPE check added here last time solved the problem for some of the users reporting issues.

Sadly no one has been able to offer a reproducable test case.  I'll do a build with some debugging and forward it directly to see if we can work out what it is..

On 2/6/07, Patrick Lightbody <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

It was not the presence of God that formed me, but his absence which broke me.

http://www.talios.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/talios

Re: Latest plugin breaks on IDEA 6.0.4

Jessek

I remember running into this the other day and thinking "oh boy I
found a bug!" It turned out that for whatever reason my test run
configuration had temporarily had the module dependency that it used
as the lib runtime cleared out to be nothing. Re-setting that
dependency to be non blank (ie pointing to the right module) fixed it
for me.

This is after running a successful run and then having the module
cleared out some other way. (presumably I was f-ing around with the
classpath er something )

On Feb 5, 4:08 pm, "Mark Derricutt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
> >         at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.b(IdeEventQueue.java:8)
> >         at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.a(IdeEventQueue.java:72)
> >         at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java
> > :73)
> >         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(
> > EventDispatchThread.java:269)
> >         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(
> > EventDispatchThread.java:190)
> >         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(
> > EventDispatchThread.java:184)
> >         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(
> > EventDispatchThread.java:176)
> >         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
>
> >http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=62644&messageID=1...
>
> --
> It was not the presence of God that formed me, but his absence which broke

Just pushed out 0.5.7 to the plugin repository which should fix this (and has extra logging so if it ever happens again on something else, we'll know what Psi class was at fault.