Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

Andreas Guther-2
Hi,

which is the recommended NON SNAPSHOT Surefire and TestNG combination?

Our build process does not allow to use SNAPSHOT versions and I would like to know if there is a chance for an upgrade from our TestNG 5.1/Surefire 2.3 combo.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

Re: Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

Steve Loughran-7

On 18/04/07, Andreas Guther <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> which is the recommended NON SNAPSHOT Surefire and TestNG combination?
>
> Our build process does not allow to use SNAPSHOT versions and I would like
> to know if there is a chance for an upgrade from our TestNG 5.1/Surefire 2.3
> combo.

It seems to me that this is a losing battle. Not quite up with Ypres,
but still one that isn't making much headway.

-. The Maven and testng teams need to get in sync somehow. If there is
a nightly build the maven people run, or someone could fix maven to
work under gump perhaps this could be the sync point.

- What alternative ways to run TestNG under Maven are there? does the
antrunner plug in do it?

Is there anyone from dev@maven on this list?

-steve

Re: Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

Jessek

Nope, I think you are stuck at 5.1 for the foreseeable future.

On Apr 18, 3:15 pm, "Andreas Guther" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> which is the recommended NON SNAPSHOT Surefire and TestNG combination?
>
> Our build process does not allow to use SNAPSHOT versions and I would like
> to know if there is a chance for an upgrade from our TestNG
> 5.1/Surefire 2.3combo.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andreas

Re: Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

> Nope, I think you are stuck at 5.1 for the foreseeable future.

Except the case of using the antrunner which I suppose should work pretty well.

> On Apr 18, 3:15 pm, "Andreas Guther" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > which is the recommended NON SNAPSHOT Surefire and TestNG combination?
> >
> > Our build process does not allow to use SNAPSHOT versions and I would like
> > to know if there is a chance for an upgrade from our TestNG
> > 5.1/Surefire 2.3combo.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Andreas

Re: Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

Jessek

Sorry maybe this was a little curt.

I'd predict a couple more weeks still for 2.4 development related to
TestNG and then we'll be done. Assuming no one else is doing anything
on it the maven devs (which I am not ) should in theory be able to
start thinking about pushing it out then. I predict a month. Totally
random but I have no control over it so all I can do is guess.

On Apr 18, 3:38 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nope, I think you are stuck at 5.1 for the foreseeable future.
>
> On Apr 18, 3:15 pm, "Andreas Guther" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > which is the recommended NON SNAPSHOT Surefire and TestNG combination?
>
> > Our build process does not allow to use SNAPSHOT versions and I would like
> > to know if there is a chance for an upgrade from our TestNG
> > 5.1/Surefire 2.3combo.
>
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> > Andreas

Re: Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

Jessek

I'm a little low on energy right now so I'll just lazily say that you
can read all the yummy maven / testng dev collaboration details on the
testng-dev list (available through google groups as well) .

Everything is quite under control and expected to be much smoother
from here on out.

On Apr 18, 3:36 pm, "Steve Loughran" <[hidden email]> wrote:
<snipped>

> It seems to me that this is a losing battle. Not quite up with Ypres,
> but still one that isn't making much headway.
>
> -. The Maven and testng teams need to get in sync somehow. If there is
> a nightly build the maven people run, or someone could fix maven to
> work under gump perhaps this could be the sync point.
>
> - What alternative ways to run TestNG under Maven are there? does the
> antrunner plug in do it?
>
> Is there anyone from dev@maven on this list?
>
> -steve

Re: Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

Steve Loughran-7

> I'm a little low on energy right now so I'll just lazily say that you
> can read all the yummy maven / testng dev collaboration details on the
> testng-dev list (available through google groups as well) .
>
> Everything is quite under control and expected to be much smoother
> from here on out.

That's really good news and yes, I may get on the list.

Will anyone from the dev group be at apachecon in Amsterdam next
month? Or the users? We could set up a TestNG BOF or other informal
meeting.

-steve

Re: Latest TestNG and Surefire NON SNAPSHOT Version Combination

Alexandru Popescu ☀

On 4/19/07, Steve Loughran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I'm a little low on energy right now so I'll just lazily say that you
> > can read all the yummy maven / testng dev collaboration details on the
> > testng-dev list (available through google groups as well) .
> >
> > Everything is quite under control and expected to be much smoother
> > from here on out.
>

> That's really good news and yes, I may get on the list.
>
> Will anyone from the dev group be at apachecon in Amsterdam next
> month? Or the users? We could set up a TestNG BOF or other informal
> meeting.

I'll be there but just for a short period, so I am not very sure about the BOF.

On 19/04/07, Alexandru Popescu ☀ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Will anyone from the dev group be at apachecon in Amsterdam next
> > month? Or the users? We could set up a TestNG BOF or other informal
> > meeting.
> >

> I'll be there but just for a short period, so I am not very sure about the BOF.

Well, Jason from Maven will be there; probably some others.

Ant-wise, I'm taking on thursday about writing and testing Ant tasks;
the slides are up online:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/docs/slides/

Straight after that comes Xavier's Ivy talk, which is be worth
attendending; we are also planning an Ant+Ivy BOF, in which the
Ant1.7.1 options and timetable will be discussed.

all attendees are encouraged to put their name down on the Ant BOF if
they are interested, so we will get a room and not have to retreat to
a coffee shop or brothel round the corner (wait a minute...)
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu07

Some ant 1.7.1 thoughts are up on line:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Ant1.7.1/Planning

Even if there is no formal BOF, it would make sense to have a TestNG
get together -maybe we can just all to have lunch together on one of
the days.

-steve