JUnitReport and Reporter output

cytoe
If I generate a JUnitReport (using the JUnitReport ant task), the Reporter output doesn't seem to be included.  Can this be added?

thanks!
Ron

Re: JUnitReport and Reporter output

Cédric Beust ♔
Hi Ron,

On 1/29/07, cytoe <[hidden email]> wrote:

If I generate a JUnitReport (using the JUnitReport ant task), the Reporter
output doesn't seem to be included.  Can this be added?

The only thing that TestNG does is generate an XML file that JUnitReports can understand.  Unless JUnitReports can include this kind of output, there is little TestNG can do.

If you can take a  look at the JUnitReports XML format and point me where in the file this information could be generated, I'll be happy to add it.

Re: JUnitReport and Reporter output

Steve Loughran-7
On 29/01/07, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>
> On 1/29/07, cytoe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > If I generate a JUnitReport (using the JUnitReport ant task), the Reporter
> > output doesn't seem to be included.  Can this be added?
>
> The only thing that TestNG does is generate an XML file that JUnitReports
> can understand.  Unless JUnitReports can include this kind of output, there
> is little TestNG can do.
>
> If you can take a  look at the JUnitReports XML format and point me where in
> the file this information could be generated, I'll be happy to add it.

There's no XSD for the format, though the sections are implicitly
defined in the constants in
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLConstants and by the
XSLs you will find in etc/ of your ant distro.

There are places for stdout and stderr, in the system-out and
system-err  elements.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<testsuite errors="0" failures="0" hostname="Zermatt"
name="d1.core.test.LessSimpleTest" tests="2" time="0.01"
timestamp="2006-11-13T00:38:03">
  <properties>
    <property name="file.encoding.pkg" value="sun.io" />
    <property name="xmlfiles.dir" value="C:\Personal\examples\diary\xml" />
    <property name="ivy.resolve.default.type.filter" value="*" />
    <property name="java.home" value="C:\Java\jdk\jre" />
    <property name="java.runtime.name" value="Java(TM) 2 Runtime
Environment, Standard Edition" />
  </properties>
  <testcase classname="d1.core.test.LessSimpleTest"
name="testAssignment" time="0.0" />
  <testcase classname="d1.core.test.LessSimpleTest" name="testTwo" time="0.0" />
  <system-out><![CDATA[Hi
]]></system-out>
  <system-err><![CDATA[]]></system-err>
</testsuite>

Both elements contain nested cdata text; the xsl stylesheets sanitize
the content before rendering it. Is that enough?
-----
As I've stated before, coming up with a successor format to this is on
my todo list. I've played a bit with streamable XHTML output, which
lets you bypass the XSL stage if you don't want the summary pages, and
I want to play with wrapping results inside an atom feed so you can
subscribe to tests coming from a filesystem or remote machine. But
here the willingness of Firefox 2.0 to apply its style sheet, not
yours, gets in the way.

-steve