How to integrate Allure Framework with TestNG Framework

Joe

How to integrate Allure Framework with TestNG Framework

Joe
Hi,

I am new to automation, i have started working on Selenium and TestNG with Java just a month ago.
Now there is a new requirement where i have to integrate Allure framework with TestNG as Allure generates good reports than existing ReportNG/TestNg XSLT reports.

I couldn't find any helpful link or tutorial which explains clearly on how to use Allure.

Could anyone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Re: How to integrate Allure Framework with TestNG Framework

Joe
Hi ,
Yes, i went through it. The thing is they are using build tools : maven/ant. I am not using any build tools in my project yet.Like TestNG, Can't I just download its jar and include it my project and then use its annotations.
Is there any other approach ?

Regards,
Joe

On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 10:23:22 AM UTC+5:30, Krishnan wrote:
Have you taken a look here : <a href="https://github.com/allure-examples/allure-testng-example" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fallure-examples%2Fallure-testng-example\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNE8VGQPt3xCyiqWs4BeftXIr04TqQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fallure-examples%2Fallure-testng-example\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNE8VGQPt3xCyiqWs4BeftXIr04TqQ';return true;">https://github.com/allure-examples/allure-testng-example

My Scribblings @ <a href="http://wakened-cognition.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwakened-cognition.blogspot.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHzOdYJCASIDF_28vQtkp9gnKAYSQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwakened-cognition.blogspot.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHzOdYJCASIDF_28vQtkp9gnKAYSQ';return true;">http://wakened-cognition.blogspot.com/
My Technical Scribbings @ <a href="http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Frationaleemotions.wordpress.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEcBOKyRn0lpL8LDbBuyAlKdwgXwQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Frationaleemotions.wordpress.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEcBOKyRn0lpL8LDbBuyAlKdwgXwQ';return true;">http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Joe <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="mPVkU9MVrXIJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">jyots...@...> wrote:
Hi,

I am new to automation, i have started working on Selenium and TestNG with Java just a month ago.
Now there is a new requirement where i have to integrate Allure framework with TestNG as Allure generates good reports than existing ReportNG/TestNg XSLT reports.

I couldn't find any helpful link or tutorial which explains clearly on how to use Allure.

Could anyone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to integrate Allure Framework with TestNG Framework

Krishnan Mahadevan
I dont know if they are building an uber jar for you to download and add to your classpath and start using it.
If they arent, then you would need to do it yourself using maven.

On second thoughts, working with Maven isn't that difficult. So you might as well start using it.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Joe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

sachidananda panda
hi Krishnan,
 i am new allure framework and try to learn my self and use the code as mentioned in group,but i am facing issue

ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.16:test (default-test) on project allure-testng-example: Execution default-test of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.16:test failed: There was an error in the forked process
[ERROR] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/beanutils/Converter

can you please help me out from here..

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sachidananda

Re: How to integrate Allure Framework with TestNG Framework

TotalQA
Hi All,

Any body needs to step-by-step document of integrating Allure Reports+Testng+Maven in your framework.
Please click on this link -> http://total-qa.com/advanced-selenium/allure-reporting/

Thanks,
total-qa.com