How to change TestNG deafult test-output directory name

SPS

How to change TestNG deafult test-output directory name

SPS
Hello all,
Each time you run TestNG , it creates a default directory test-output directory. We want to store that directory for each run. For that matter we would like to change the name to test-output+time_stamp otherwise it overwrites.Is there way we can do that.

Re: How to change TestNG deafult test-output directory name

Krishnan Mahadevan
How are you running your tests ? If its via maven, then I think you should be able to define the output directory on the fly via the maven surefire plugin [ please go through its documentation ]

SPS

Re: How to change TestNG deafult test-output directory name

SPS
Hello Krishnan,
I am using Maven, I went through Maven documentation . I am not good in Maven , just trying to understand though. According to documentation, I added sure-fire-plugin as follows but not working.
<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <reportDirectory>./test-output/${timestamp}  </reportDirectory>
</configuration>
</plugin>

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 4:46:36 AM UTC-5, SPS wrote:
Hello all,
Each time you run TestNG , it creates a default directory test-output directory. We want to store that directory for each run. For that matter we would like to change the name to test-output+time_stamp otherwise it overwrites.Is there way we can do that.

Re: How to change TestNG deafult test-output directory name

Krishnan Mahadevan
Sneha,

Something like this should work

<reportsDirectory>${project.build.directory}/surefire-reports-${maven.build.timestamp}</reportsDirectory>

SPS