How to automatically email emailable-report.html after every test run?

How to automatically email emailable-report.html after every test run?

amar77
I am running my testng test cases in eclipse. After every run testng
creates a emailable-report.html in test-output directoty. How do I
email this report to everybody in the team?

Can somebody please help me with this? I am using maven + testng +
selenium rc

Re: How to automatically email emailable-report.html after every test run?

JROCK2004
I am assuming you want automation to do this, is this correct? If so
you could possibly write an method and give it a testng annotation of
@AfterClass. In this method you would write something that would send
the email.

This may help http://www.javapractices.com/topic/TopicAction.do?Id=144

On Jan 5, 10:43 am, jrock2004 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am assuming you want automation to do this, is this correct? If so
> you could possibly write an method and give it a testng annotation of
> @AfterClass. In this method you would write something that would send
> the email.
>
> On Jan 5, 10:26 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Why not do this in your build file after you run the tests?
>
> > --
> > Cédric
>
> > On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM, aktestng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I am running my testng test cases in eclipse. After every run testng
> > > creates a emailable-report.html in test-output directoty. How do I
> > > email this report to everybody in the team?
>
> > > Can somebody please help me with this? I am using maven + testng +
> > > selenium rc
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > > --

> > Cédric

Re: Re: How to automatically email emailable-report.html after every test run?

An @AfterSuite would be a better choice here.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM, jrock2004 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am assuming you want automation to do this, is this correct? If so
you could possibly write an method and give it a testng annotation of
@AfterClass. In this method you would write something that would send
the email.

On Jan 5, 10:26 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why not do this in your build file after you run the tests?

> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM, aktestng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am running my testng test cases in eclipse. After every run testng
> > creates a emailable-report.html in test-output directoty. How do I
> > email this report to everybody in the team?
>
> > Can somebody please help me with this? I am using maven + testng +
> > selenium rc
>
> > Thanks,

Re: Re: How to automatically email emailable-report.html after every test run?

Adrian Mitev-2
Why not using ant's mail task or use the CI tool for this? Sending mail from the test code doesn't seem to be a good practice.

2011/1/5 Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]>
An @AfterSuite would be a better choice here.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM, jrock2004 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am assuming you want automation to do this, is this correct? If so
you could possibly write an method and give it a testng annotation of
@AfterClass. In this method you would write something that would send
the email.

On Jan 5, 10:26 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why not do this in your build file after you run the tests?

> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM, aktestng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am running my testng test cases in eclipse. After every run testng
> > creates a emailable-report.html in test-output directoty. How do I
> > email this report to everybody in the team?
>
> > Can somebody please help me with this? I am using maven + testng +
> > selenium rc
>
> > Thanks,

Although nobody can come back and make a new start, anyone can start now and make a new end

Re: Re: How to automatically email emailable-report.html after every test run?

Cédric Beust ♔-2
Yes, sending this from the build was my first suggestion. At this point, you're sure that the report has been generated.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Adrian Mitev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why not using ant's mail task or use the CI tool for this? Sending mail from the test code doesn't seem to be a good practice.

2011/1/5 Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]>
An @AfterSuite would be a better choice here.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM, jrock2004 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am assuming you want automation to do this, is this correct? If so
you could possibly write an method and give it a testng annotation of
@AfterClass. In this method you would write something that would send
the email.

On Jan 5, 10:26 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why not do this in your build file after you run the tests?

> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM, aktestng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am running my testng test cases in eclipse. After every run testng
> > creates a emailable-report.html in test-output directoty. How do I
> > email this report to everybody in the team?
>
> > Can somebody please help me with this? I am using maven + testng +
> > selenium rc
>
> > Thanks,

Although nobody can come back and make a new start, anyone can start now and make a new end

Re: How to automatically email emailable-report.html after every test run?

amar77
you mean a maven build using a ANT task to send the email?

On Jan 5, 7:26 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why not do this in your build file after you run the tests?

> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM, aktestng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am running my testng test cases in eclipse. After every run testng
> > creates a emailable-report.html in test-output directoty. How do I
> > email this report to everybody in the team?
>
> > Can somebody please help me with this? I am using maven + testng +
> > selenium rc
>
> > Thanks,

Re: How to automatically email emailable-report.html after every test run?

amar77
Thanks Adrian. I am thinking about the same. Can you post a example
code to make me understand? i am a qa engineer and not that technical.
so any help is much appreciated.

Regards