GUI runner similar to that of Nunit and Junit

GUI runner similar to that of Nunit and Junit

karthik
Hi All, Apologies if this is a duplicate post. I tried searching my
requirement in the forum , but couldn't find an answer.

I wanted to know if there is any equivalent in TestNG similar to that
of NUNIT GUI. Basically a swing test runner where in i select my tests
to run and see the results in GUI.

Junit atleast has a swing test runner whereas i couldn;t find a
similar one for TestNG. Would appreciate if atleast i can get a
startup from here.

Re: GUI runner similar to that of Nunit and Junit

Cédric Beust ♔-2
No, TestNG itself doesn't ship with any graphical runner (and as far as I know, JUnit 4 dropped the Swing runner as well).

You'll have to use Eclipse, IDEA or NetBeans if you want a TestNG graphical runner.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Salut <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All, Apologies if this is a duplicate post. I tried searching my
requirement in the forum , but couldn't find an answer.

I wanted to know if there is any equivalent in TestNG similar to that
of NUNIT GUI. Basically a swing test runner where in i select my tests
to run and see the results in GUI.

Junit atleast has a swing test runner whereas i couldn;t find a
similar one for TestNG. Would appreciate if atleast i can get a
startup from here.

Re: GUI runner similar to that of Nunit and Junit

karthik
Thanks Cédric. Have anyone tried creating a simple swing app for this
requirement?

On Oct 6, 8:51 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No, TestNG itself doesn't ship with any graphical runner (and as far as I
> know, JUnit 4 dropped the Swing runner as well).
>
> You'll have to use Eclipse, IDEA or NetBeans if you want a TestNG graphical
> runner.

> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Salut <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All, Apologies if this is a duplicate post. I tried searching my
> > requirement in the forum , but couldn't find an answer.
>
> > I wanted to know if there is any equivalent in TestNG similar to that
> > of NUNIT GUI. Basically a swing test runner where in i select my tests
> > to run and see the results in GUI.
>
> > Junit atleast has a swing test runner whereas i couldn;t find a
> > similar one for TestNG. Would appreciate if atleast i can get a
> > startup from here.

Re: GUI runner similar to that of Nunit and Junit

djangofan
Cédric,

Why hasn't anyone created a checkbox-style runner for TestNG, not even for any of the 3 IDEs?   Also, why hasn't anyone created a checkbox-style Jenkins plugin?  Do you think that there is some kind of technical problem that needs to be overcome to do so?

-Jon

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Salut <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="HJbn0a3guiIJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">karthik.k...@...> wrote: