Eclipse Profiler

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Eclipse Profiler

tarun3kumar

Does anyone know how to profile a TestNG run with the Eclipse 3.2 profiler?  When I try to profile, TestNG is not shown as an available runtime configuration.

Thanks,
Kevin
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via Jive Forums
http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=53243&messageID=107068#107068


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eclipse Profiler

Alexandru Popescu ☀

Please search the mailing list archive as I remember answering this
question in the past.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
  TestNG co-founder
EclipseTestNG Creator


On 12/12/06, Kevin Menard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Does anyone know how to profile a TestNG run with the Eclipse 3.2 profiler?  When I try to profile, TestNG is not shown as an available runtime configuration.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via Jive Forums
> http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=53243&messageID=107068#107068
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eclipse Profiler

tarun3kumar

Hi Alex,

The only posts I see from you say you haven't really used TPTP.  I should note that I have been able to profile by creating a new launch configuration and invoking the TestNG class directly.  This just quickly becomes cumbersome and messy.  So, the question is how to run the tests in TPTP via the Eclipse plugin.  If this has been answered before, I may need some guidance.  If it's not supported, then I'll just open a feature request.

--
Kevin
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via Jive Forums
http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=53243&messageID=107662#107662


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eclipse Profiler

Alexandru Popescu ☀

On 12/14/06, Kevin Menard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> The only posts I see from you say you haven't really used TPTP.  I should note that I have been able to profile by creating a new launch configuration and invoking the TestNG class directly.  This just quickly becomes cumbersome and messy.

You are right: my hint was to use manual launchers. I see why this may
become cumbersome, but why messy?

> So, the question is how to run the tests in TPTP via the Eclipse plugin.  If this has been answered before, I may need some guidance.  If it's not supported, then I'll just open a feature request.

You can go on to open a new feature request. However, I must confess I
haven't heard of somebody really using it so far :-).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
  TestNG co-founder
EclipseTestNG Creator

>
> --
> Kevin
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via Jive Forums
> http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=53243&messageID=107662#107662
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eclipse Profiler

tarun3kumar

> You are right: my hint was to use manual launchers. I
> see why this may
> become cumbersome, but why messy?

Messy in the sense that I have to keep two configurations around.  One TestNG one if I want to get the test results view, and one for profiling.  If I have several projects I actively work on in a given workspace . . . you can imagine the rest.


> You can go on to open a new feature request. However,
> I must confess I
> haven't heard of somebody really using it so far :-).

Heh.   I can see why.  TPTP is ridiculously slow (and doesn't appear to work with Java 6).  Nonetheless, it's the de facto profiler for eclipse, so it may be worthwhile to support it in some capacity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via Jive Forums
http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=53243&messageID=107681#107681


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eclipse Profiler

Alexandru Popescu ☀

On 12/14/06, Kevin Menard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> > You are right: my hint was to use manual launchers. I
> > see why this may
> > become cumbersome, but why messy?
>
> Messy in the sense that I have to keep two configurations around.  One TestNG one if I want to get the test results view, and one for profiling.  If I have several projects I actively work on in a given workspace . . . you can imagine the rest.
>
>
> > You can go on to open a new feature request. However,
> > I must confess I
> > haven't heard of somebody really using it so far :-).
>
> Heh.   I can see why.  TPTP is ridiculously slow (and doesn't appear to work with Java 6).  Nonetheless, it's the de facto profiler for eclipse, so it may be worthwhile to support it in some capacity.

As you imagine I don't have IBM resources to start working into TPTP,
so we will probably have to wait for them to catch up with TestNG.
What I can do is maybe add a feature request to TPTP so I can work
together with them on this integration.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
  TestNG co-founder
EclipseTestNG Creator

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via Jive Forums
> http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=53243&messageID=107681#107681
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
 You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "testng-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/testng-users?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---