Eclipse Plugin wih RAD - NoSuchFieldError -

Eclipse Plugin wih RAD - NoSuchFieldError -

gerhard-8

Hello,

while using the TestNG plugin V5.4 (and V5.3) under RAD 6.0.1we get the
following exception opening the UI with >run As/run ...<

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Dez 20, 2006 10:41:21.111

!MESSAGE Beim Aufrufen des Codes aus dem Plug-in
'org.eclipse.core.runtime' sind Fehler aufgetreten.

!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
org/eclipse/swt/layout/GridData.verticalIndent
            at
org.testng.eclipse.launch.TestNGMainTab.createSuiteGroup(TestNGMainTab.java:608)
            at
org.testng.eclipse.launch.TestNGMainTab.createControl(TestNGMainTab.java:119)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.showTabsFor(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.showInstanceTabsFor(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.displayInstanceTabs(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer$5.run(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.inputChanged(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupViewer.setInput(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationsDialog.handleLaunchConfigurationSelectionChanged(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationsDialog$3.selectionChanged(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer$2.run(Unknown Source)
            at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Unknown Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.fireSelectionChanged(Unknown Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.updateSelection(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setSelection(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.setSelection(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationView.launchConfigurationRemoved(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchManager$ConfigurationNotifier.run(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Unknown Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchManager$ConfigurationNotifier.notify(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchManager.launchConfigurationDeleted(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.delete(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.DeleteLaunchConfigurationAction.performAction(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.AbstractLaunchConfigurationAction$1.run(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.AbstractLaunchConfigurationAction.run(Unknown
Source)
           at
org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$7.handleEvent(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
            at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Unknown Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationsDialog.open(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools.openLaunchConfigurationDialogOnGroup(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools.openLaunchConfigurationDialogOnGroup(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.OpenLaunchDialogAction.run(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$7.handleEvent(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
            at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
            at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown
Source)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
            at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
            at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
            at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
            at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)

Any idea?
Gerhard

Re: Eclipse Plugin wih RAD - NoSuchFieldError -

Alexandru Popescu ☀

What is RAD6.0.1? And what Eclipse version is it based?

On 12/20/06, gerhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
>             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>             at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
>             at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
>             at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
>             at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)
>             at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
>             at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
>             at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)
>
> Any idea?
> Gerhard

Re: Eclipse Plugin wih RAD - NoSuchFieldError -

RAD is Rational Application Developer and it's based on Eclipse 3.0. I
suppose that's the reason, because your plugin needs Eclipse 3.1.
Gerhard