[ECLIPSE] Run configurations and groups

nicolas
Hi,

I'm trying to run my tests on a specific group but when I'm going to
the run configuration and add a group in the "Groups" section, it's
like I'm doing nothing.
I cannot save it and also if I click on Debug or Run this is the
output :

[TestRunner] Running the tests in 'Default test' with parallel
mode:false
[RunInfo] Adding method selector:
org.testng.internal.XmlMethodSelector@49d8c528 priority: 10
[TestNG] Running:
  C:\[...]\testng-eclipse-1862678883\testng-customsuite.xml

[SuiteRunner] Created 1 TestRunners
[TestRunner] Running test Default test on 0  classes,  included groups:
[] excluded groups:[]
===== Invoked methods
=====
Creating C:\[...]\test-output\Default suite\Default test.html
Creating C:\[...]\test-output\Default suite\Default test.xml

    Default test
    Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0

Default suite
Total tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0
[..]

So I think this is a TestNG Eclipse plugin issue, this is very
annoying.

Re: [ECLIPSE] Run configurations and groups

nicolas
Hi,

I cannot, I have maybe 10 different testng groups and millions of line
of code in the project.
So for example, on the run configuration window, when I click on
"browse" to browse through the testng groups it will takes forever and
I have to kill it, maybe because the project is too big.
But when I manually add the group it the textbox, or do any
modification on this textbox I cannot click on Apply, it's like I'm
doing nothing.

I'm using Eclipse Indigo service Release 1 and the lastest version of
testng plugin 6.3.2.20120201_1256

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

On Feb 7, 5:11 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you post your class?

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]
>

> > wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm trying to run my tests on a specific group but when I'm going to
> > the run configuration and add a group in the "Groups" section, it's
> > like I'm doing nothing.
> > I cannot save it and also if I click on Debug or Run this is the
> > output :
>
> > [TestRunner] Running the tests in 'Default test' with parallel
> > mode:false
> > [RunInfo] Adding method selector:
> > org.testng.internal.XmlMethodSelector@49d8c528 priority: 10
> > [TestNG] Running:
> >  C:\[...]\testng-eclipse-1862678883\testng-customsuite.xml
>
> > [SuiteRunner] Created 1 TestRunners
> > [TestRunner] Running test Default test on 0  classes,  included groups:
> > [] excluded groups:[]
> > ===== Invoked methods
> > =====
> > Creating C:\[...]\test-output\Default suite\Default test.html
> > Creating C:\[...]\test-output\Default suite\Default test.xml

> >    Default test
> >    Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0

> > Default suite
> > Total tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0
> > [..]
>
> > So I think this is a TestNG Eclipse plugin issue, this is very
> > annoying.
>
> > Regards,

Re: Re: [ECLIPSE] Run configurations and groups

Cédric Beust ♔-2
The size of your project is certainly an issue, but I'm still a bit confused about the problem you're seeing because you've described three different things in your emails. For example, what does "it's like I'm doing nothing." mean exactly?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I cannot, I have maybe 10 different testng groups and millions of line
of code in the project.
So for example, on the run configuration window, when I click on
"browse" to browse through the testng groups it will takes forever and
I have to kill it, maybe because the project is too big.
But when I manually add the group it the textbox, or do any
modification on this textbox I cannot click on Apply, it's like I'm
doing nothing.

I'm using Eclipse Indigo service Release 1 and the lastest version of
testng plugin 6.3.2.20120201_1256

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

On Feb 7, 5:11 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can you post your class?

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]
>

> > wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm trying to run my tests on a specific group but when I'm going to
> > the run configuration and add a group in the "Groups" section, it's
> > like I'm doing nothing.
> > I cannot save it and also if I click on Debug or Run this is the
> > output :
>
> > [TestRunner] Running the tests in 'Default test' with parallel
> > mode:false
> > [RunInfo] Adding method selector:
> > org.testng.internal.XmlMethodSelector@49d8c528 priority: 10
> > [TestNG] Running:
> >  C:\[...]\testng-eclipse-1862678883\testng-customsuite.xml
>
> > [SuiteRunner] Created 1 TestRunners
> > [TestRunner] Running test Default test on 0  classes,  included groups:
> > [] excluded groups:[]
> > ===== Invoked methods
> > =====
> > Creating C:\[...]\test-output\Default suite\Default test.html
> > Creating C:\[...]\test-output\Default suite\Default test.xml

> >    Default test
> >    Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0

> > Default suite
> > Total tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0
> > [..]
>
> > So I think this is a TestNG Eclipse plugin issue, this is very
> > annoying.
>
> > Regards,

Re: [ECLIPSE] Run configurations and groups

nicolas
It means that I when you are doing any modification on the run
configuration panel you can apply these modifications  (in order to
save them).
When I'm making a modification in the "Groups" field, I cannot "Apply"
them, it's like eclipse is not detecting that I made a change on this
field.

On Feb 8, 10:30 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The size of your project is certainly an issue, but I'm still a bit
> confused about the problem you're seeing because you've described three
> different things in your emails. For example, what does "it's like I'm
> doing nothing." mean exactly?

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>

> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I cannot, I have maybe 10 different testng groups and millions of line
> > of code in the project.
> > So for example, on the run configuration window, when I click on
> > "browse" to browse through the testng groups it will takes forever and
> > I have to kill it, maybe because the project is too big.
> > But when I manually add the group it the textbox, or do any
> > modification on this textbox I cannot click on Apply, it's like I'm
> > doing nothing.
>
> > I'm using Eclipse Indigo service Release 1 and the lastest version of
> > testng plugin 6.3.2.20120201_1256
>
> > Thank you for your help,
>
> > Regards,
>
> > On Feb 7, 5:11 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Can you post your class?
>
> > > --
> > > Cédric
>
> > > On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Nicolas Lelievre <
> > [hidden email]

Re: Re: [ECLIPSE] Run configurations and groups

Cédric Beust ♔-2
Can you create a brand new project with one test class and see if you have the same problem?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]> wrote:
It means that I when you are doing any modification on the run
configuration panel you can apply these modifications  (in order to
save them).
When I'm making a modification in the "Groups" field, I cannot "Apply"
them, it's like eclipse is not detecting that I made a change on this
field.

On Feb 8, 10:30 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The size of your project is certainly an issue, but I'm still a bit
> confused about the problem you're seeing because you've described three
> different things in your emails. For example, what does "it's like I'm
> doing nothing." mean exactly?

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>

> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I cannot, I have maybe 10 different testng groups and millions of line
> > of code in the project.
> > So for example, on the run configuration window, when I click on
> > "browse" to browse through the testng groups it will takes forever and
> > I have to kill it, maybe because the project is too big.
> > But when I manually add the group it the textbox, or do any
> > modification on this textbox I cannot click on Apply, it's like I'm
> > doing nothing.
>
> > I'm using Eclipse Indigo service Release 1 and the lastest version of
> > testng plugin 6.3.2.20120201_1256
>
> > Thank you for your help,
>
> > Regards,
>
> > On Feb 7, 5:11 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Can you post your class?
>
> > > --
> > > Cédric
>
> > > On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Nicolas Lelievre <
> > [hidden email]

Re: [ECLIPSE] Run configurations and groups

nicolas
it's still acting weird.
if you add manualy any text in the Groups field, you cannot Apply
these changes.
if for example I put "test1" in the field and then click run, it will
not run the test1 group.

here my class:

-----
package testPackage;

public class testClass {
        public static boolean f1() {
                return true;

-----

package testPackage;

import org.testng.Assert;
import org.testng.annotations.Test;

public class NewTest {
  @Test(groups = { "test1", "test2" })
  public void f() {
          Assert.assertTrue(testClass.f1());

----

On Feb 8, 10:38 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you create a brand new project with one test class and see if you have
> the same problem?

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>

> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > It means that I when you are doing any modification on the run
> > configuration panel you can apply these modifications  (in order to
> > save them).
> > When I'm making a modification in the "Groups" field, I cannot "Apply"
> > them, it's like eclipse is not detecting that I made a change on this
> > field.
>
> > On Feb 8, 10:30 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > The size of your project is certainly an issue, but I'm still a bit
> > > confused about the problem you're seeing because you've described three
> > > different things in your emails. For example, what does "it's like I'm
> > > doing nothing." mean exactly?
>
> > > --
> > > Cédric

> > groups:

Re: Run configurations and groups

nicolas
Hi Cedric,

Do you know if there is another way of doing the same thing because
with this bug I can't debug on Eclipse on my groups tests...
Also do you have any plan on fixing this ?

Thank you,

On Feb 8, 11:24 am, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> it's still acting weird.
> if you add manualy any text in the Groups field, you cannot Apply
> these changes.
> if for example I put "test1" in the field and then click run, it will
> not run the test1 group.
>
> here my class:
>
> -----
> package testPackage;
>
> public class testClass {
>         public static boolean f1() {
>                 return true;
>         }
>
> }
>
> -----
>
> package testPackage;
>
> import org.testng.Assert;
> import org.testng.annotations.Test;
>
> public class NewTest {
>   @Test(groups = { "test1", "test2" })
>   public void f() {
>           Assert.assertTrue(testClass.f1());
>   }
>
> }
>
> ----
>
> On Feb 8, 10:38 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Can you create a brand new project with one test class and see if you have
> > the same problem?
>
> > --
> > Cédric
>
> > On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > > It means that I when you are doing any modification on the run
> > > configuration panel you can apply these modifications  (in order to
> > > save them).
> > > When I'm making a modification in the "Groups" field, I cannot "Apply"
> > > them, it's like eclipse is not detecting that I made a change on this
> > > field.

> > > groups:

Re: Re: Run configurations and groups

Cédric Beust ♔-2
Hi Nicolas,

I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I create a simple class with one method in a group, then I edit the launch configuration. "Apply" is enabled. I select "Groups", "Apply" becomes disabled (since it's waiting for me to type a group name). As soon as I type a letter in the Groups field, "Apply" becomes enabled again.

The only way I could debug this is if you can create a small Eclipse project that shows the problem and email it to me (make sure it includes .classpath and .project).

Thanks.

wrote:
> it's still acting weird.
> if you add manualy any text in the Groups field, you cannot Apply
> these changes.
> if for example I put "test1" in the field and then click run, it will
> not run the test1 group.
>
> here my class:
>
> -----
> package testPackage;
>
> public class testClass {
>         public static boolean f1() {
>                 return true;
>         }
>
> }
>
> -----
>
> package testPackage;
>
> import org.testng.Assert;
> import org.testng.annotations.Test;
>
> public class NewTest {
>   @Test(groups = { "test1", "test2" })
>   public void f() {
>           Assert.assertTrue(testClass.f1());
>   }
>
> }
>
> ----
>
> On Feb 8, 10:38 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Can you create a brand new project with one test class and see if you have
> > the same problem?
>
> > --
> > Cédric
>
> > On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > > It means that I when you are doing any modification on the run
> > > configuration panel you can apply these modifications  (in order to
> > > save them).
> > > When I'm making a modification in the "Groups" field, I cannot "Apply"
> > > them, it's like eclipse is not detecting that I made a change on this
> > > field.

> > > groups:

Re: Run configurations and groups

nicolas
Hi Cedric,

Did you get my email ?
If so, did you get a change to take a look at this issue ?

Thank you,

On Feb 13, 1:16 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I create a simple class with
> one method in a group, then I edit the launch configuration. "Apply" is
> enabled. I select "Groups", "Apply" becomes disabled (since it's waiting
> for me to type a group name). As soon as I type a letter in the Groups
> field, "Apply" becomes enabled again.
>
> The only way I could debug this is if you can create a small Eclipse
> project that shows the problem and email it to me (make sure it includes
> .classpath and .project).
>
> Thanks.

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>

> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Cedric,
>
> > Do you know if there is another way of doing the same thing because
> > with this bug I can't debug on Eclipse on my groups tests...
> > Also do you have any plan on fixing this ?
>
> > Thank you,
>
> > On Feb 8, 11:24 am, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > it's still acting weird.
> > > if you add manualy any text in the Groups field, you cannot Apply
> > > these changes.
> > > if for example I put "test1" in the field and then click run, it will
> > > not run the test1 group.
>
> > > here my class:
>
> > > -----
> > > package testPackage;
>
> > > public class testClass {
> > >         public static boolean f1() {
> > >                 return true;
> > >         }
>
> > > }
>
> > > -----
>
> > > package testPackage;
>
> > > import org.testng.Assert;
> > > import org.testng.annotations.Test;
>
> > > public class NewTest {
> > >   @Test(groups = { "test1", "test2" })
> > >   public void f() {
> > >           Assert.assertTrue(testClass.f1());
> > >   }
>
> > > }
>
> > > ----

> > have

> > "Apply"

> > three
> > I'm

> > of line
> > forever and
> > I'm

> > version of

> > going
> > section, it's
> > the

> > parallel

> >  included

> > very

Re: Re: Run configurations and groups

Cédric Beust ♔-2
Nicolas,

I responded the following on February 8th and that's the last I heard from you until today:

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Cedric,

Did you get my email ?
If so, did you get a change to take a look at this issue ?

Thank you,

On Feb 13, 1:16 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I create a simple class with
> one method in a group, then I edit the launch configuration. "Apply" is
> enabled. I select "Groups", "Apply" becomes disabled (since it's waiting
> for me to type a group name). As soon as I type a letter in the Groups
> field, "Apply" becomes enabled again.
>
> The only way I could debug this is if you can create a small Eclipse
> project that shows the problem and email it to me (make sure it includes
> .classpath and .project).
>
> Thanks.

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>

> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Cedric,
>
> > Do you know if there is another way of doing the same thing because
> > with this bug I can't debug on Eclipse on my groups tests...
> > Also do you have any plan on fixing this ?
>
> > Thank you,
>
> > On Feb 8, 11:24 am, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > it's still acting weird.
> > > if you add manualy any text in the Groups field, you cannot Apply
> > > these changes.
> > > if for example I put "test1" in the field and then click run, it will
> > > not run the test1 group.
>
> > > here my class:
>
> > > -----
> > > package testPackage;
>
> > > public class testClass {
> > >         public static boolean f1() {
> > >                 return true;
> > >         }
>
> > > }
>
> > > -----
>
> > > package testPackage;
>
> > > import org.testng.Assert;
> > > import org.testng.annotations.Test;
>
> > > public class NewTest {
> > >   @Test(groups = { "test1", "test2" })
> > >   public void f() {
> > >           Assert.assertTrue(testClass.f1());
> > >   }
>
> > > }
>
> > > ----

> > have

> > "Apply"

> > three
> > I'm

> > of line
> > forever and
> > I'm

> > version of

> > going
> > section, it's
> > the

> > parallel

> >  included

> > very

Re: Run configurations and groups

nicolas
Cedric,

I sent you an email the 13th with a project and also a video recording
of the issue on my computer, it's maybe into your spam (huge 20Mb
email).

On Feb 21, 10:03 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nicolas,
>
> I responded the following on February 8th and that's the last I heard from
> you until today:
>
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I create a simple class with
> one method in a group, then I edit the launch configuration. "Apply" is
> enabled. I select "Groups", "Apply" becomes disabled (since it's waiting
> for me to type a group name). As soon as I type a letter in the Groups
> field, "Apply" becomes enabled again.
>
> The only way I could debug this is if you can create a small Eclipse
> project that shows the problem and email it to me (make sure it includes
> .classpath and .project).
>
> Thanks.

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>

> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Cedric,
>
> > Did you get my email ?
> > If so, did you get a change to take a look at this issue ?
>
> > Thank you,
>
> > On Feb 13, 1:16 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Nicolas,
>
> > > I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I create a simple class
> > with
> > > one method in a group, then I edit the launch configuration. "Apply" is
> > > enabled. I select "Groups", "Apply" becomes disabled (since it's waiting
> > > for me to type a group name). As soon as I type a letter in the Groups
> > > field, "Apply" becomes enabled again.
>
> > > The only way I could debug this is if you can create a small Eclipse
> > > project that shows the problem and email it to me (make sure it includes
> > > .classpath and .project).
>
> > > Thanks.
>
> > > --
> > > Cédric

> > you

> > this

> > a bit
> > described
> > like

> > millions
> > click on
> > like

> > I'm
> > this is

> >  C:\[...]\testng-eclipse-1862678883\testng-customsuite.xml

> > test.html
> > test.xml

Re: Re: Run configurations and groups

Cédric Beust ♔-2
Yeah, never got it. 20Mb? Never send emails that big, please. First because it will get trashed by a mail server along the way for sure, second because... well, I'm probably not going to try to understand a 20Mb project.

Please trim it down and post it on github, it's the easiest way.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cedric,

I sent you an email the 13th with a project and also a video recording
of the issue on my computer, it's maybe into your spam (huge 20Mb
email).

On Feb 21, 10:03 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> I responded the following on February 8th and that's the last I heard from
> you until today:
>
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I create a simple class with
> one method in a group, then I edit the launch configuration. "Apply" is
> enabled. I select "Groups", "Apply" becomes disabled (since it's waiting
> for me to type a group name). As soon as I type a letter in the Groups
> field, "Apply" becomes enabled again.
>
> The only way I could debug this is if you can create a small Eclipse
> project that shows the problem and email it to me (make sure it includes
> .classpath and .project).
>
> Thanks.

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>

> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Cedric,
>
> > Did you get my email ?
> > If so, did you get a change to take a look at this issue ?
>
> > Thank you,
>
> > On Feb 13, 1:16 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Nicolas,
>
> > > I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I create a simple class
> > with
> > > one method in a group, then I edit the launch configuration. "Apply" is
> > > enabled. I select "Groups", "Apply" becomes disabled (since it's waiting
> > > for me to type a group name). As soon as I type a letter in the Groups
> > > field, "Apply" becomes enabled again.
>
> > > The only way I could debug this is if you can create a small Eclipse
> > > project that shows the problem and email it to me (make sure it includes
> > > .classpath and .project).
>
> > > Thanks.
>
> > > --
> > > Cédric

> > you

> > this

> > a bit
> > described
> > like

> > millions
> > click on
> > like

> > I'm
> > this is

> >  C:\[...]\testng-eclipse-1862678883\testng-customsuite.xml

> > test.html
> > test.xml

Re: Run configurations and groups

nicolas
It was not a 20 MB project, the project was really small, it was the
recorded action on my computer.

But never mind, I will post the small project on github.

On Feb 21, 10:48 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah, never got it. 20Mb? Never send emails that big, please. First because
> it will get trashed by a mail server along the way for sure, second
> because... well, I'm probably not going to try to understand a 20Mb project.
>
> Please trim it down and post it on github, it's the easiest way.

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Nicolas Lelievre <
>

> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Cedric,
>
> > I sent you an email the 13th with a project and also a video recording
> > of the issue on my computer, it's maybe into your spam (huge 20Mb
> > email).
>
> > On Feb 21, 10:03 am, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Nicolas,
>
> > > I responded the following on February 8th and that's the last I heard
> > from
> > > you until today:
>
> > > Hi Nicolas,
>
> > > I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I create a simple class
> > with
> > > one method in a group, then I edit the launch configuration. "Apply" is
> > > enabled. I select "Groups", "Apply" becomes disabled (since it's waiting
> > > for me to type a group name). As soon as I type a letter in the Groups
> > > field, "Apply" becomes enabled again.
>
> > > The only way I could debug this is if you can create a small Eclipse
> > > project that shows the problem and email it to me (make sure it includes
> > > .classpath and .project).
>
> > > Thanks.
>
> > > --
> > > Cédric

> > is
> > waiting
> > Groups

> > includes

> > will

> > if

> > run
> > order
> > cannot
> > change on

> > still
> > "it's

> > takes
> > any
> > it's

> > lastest

> > when

> > org.testng.internal.XmlMethodSelector@49d8c528priority: 10

> > this is

> read more »

Re: [ECLIPSE] Run configurations and groups

nicolas
Hi,

I cannot browse since my project is way too big.
So it's still not working event with the comma....

On Sunday, May 20, 2012 10:00:27 PM UTC-7, Jens Alenius wrote:
[...]

Steve Gillam
Having same issue but arising from an attempt to use wildcard matching (as per xml) in the Plug-In's RunConfig 'Groups' fields.

Currently presuming feature not supported because you HAVE to browse/add your groups - which presumably is then used to populate xml. Would allowing APPLY of field's manual input (currently disabled presumably to force 'browsed' groups) then allow the wildcard matching as per xml design?

Regards,

  SteveG

(Just starting with TestNG and looking at/for testing strategy patterns/conventions working with Maven and Eclipse in conjunction for both Unit and Integration Testing)

Re: [ECLIPSE] Run configurations and groups

DBJav
Hello,

I've been suffering of a similar issue.  I hence decided to upgrade to use the latest version of the plugin:  6.8.6.20141201_2240
with Eclipse:
Version: Helios Service Release 2
Build id: 20110301-1815

Now it got even worse:  after browsing and choosing a single group, I can save the run config.  But if I create a second run config with a different group, then it starts going astray. While clicking in the list of run configs on the left, it shows the 2 groups in all run configs, corrupting them.

What do you advise to resolve this issue please?

Regards,

Denis