Could not find Main class.Program will exit

Could not find Main class.Program will exit

Raghunath-4

Hai
i am new to this testng .
I have tried to run a small script
I am getting follwoing Error"Could not find Main class.Program will
exit"
I am trying to run this using Eclipse -plugin,I have JDK1.5 installed
and class path is also set

below is the code
package example;

import org.testng.annotations.Test;

public class YourFirstTest {
  public YourFirstTest() {

  public void isOneEqualsTwo() {
  assert 1 == 2;

kindly let me know, where i am going wrong
can u provide me a sample of script,and necessary steps to run this
script with eclipse plug-in

Re: Could not find Main class.Program will exit

Cédric Beust ♔
Raghunath,

You seem to be running this class as a Java application, you need to run it through TestNG.  Please read the Eclipse documentation and let us know if something is not clear.

On 2/12/07, Raghunath <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hai
i am new to this testng .
I have tried to run a small script
I am getting follwoing Error"Could not find Main class.Program will
exit"
I am trying to run this using Eclipse -plugin,I have JDK1.5 installed
and class path is also set

below is the code
package example;

import org.testng.annotations.Test;

public class YourFirstTest {
  public YourFirstTest() {

  public void isOneEqualsTwo() {
  assert 1 == 2;

kindly let me know, where i am going wrong
can u provide me a sample of script,and necessary steps to run this
script with eclipse plug-in

Re: Could not find Main class.Program will exit

Raghunath-4

Hai Cedric
Thanks for the reponse
I am running the Testscript throught TestNG only,
i am using testng-5.5.zip,as guide line
below link i am following
http://jyperion.org/articles/testng/testng.htm,
as mentioned in the above link i am running my script.
well
More over the articles present on net are a little high for me because
i do not have any knowledge on Junit,So can you send me link where ,i
can find basics
of Testng,

Re: Could not find Main class.Program will exit

Alexandru Popescu ☀

On 2/13/07, Raghunath <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hai Cedric
> Thanks for the reponse
> I am running the Testscript throught TestNG only,
> i am using testng-5.5.zip,as guide line
> below link i am following
> http://jyperion.org/articles/testng/testng.htm,
> as mentioned in the above link i am running my script.
> well
> More over the articles present on net are a little high for me because
> i do not have any knowledge on Junit,So can you send me link where ,i
> can find basics
> of Testng,

Have you tried reading the "official" documentation from
http://testng.org/doc/documentation-main.html?

Also, on the http://testng.org/doc/misc.html there are listing
different articles. I am quite sure you will find one to introduce you
to the TestNG ;-).

HTH,

Re: Could not find Main class.Program will exit

Raghunath-4

hai alex
 Thanks for the response,
well i am going throught those documents and tried to run ,I got the
above error
well can you tell me  which Zip file i need to download,to start work
on testng,Because i downloaded testng-5.5.zip and started using,Kindly
validate and tell me where i am using correct one are not,