Comparing test results

Jonathan Major-2
hi,

Is there a way to compare test results against previous runs?

thanks
Jonathan

Re: Comparing test results

Jonathan Major-2
That is very true!

Just found this application to track test results: http://www.trackyourtests.com/ and http://www.trackyourtests.com/news/2012/7/27/cuanto-28-released.html

The tool hasn't been updated since July 2012 but I will have a look and get back to this thread with an update by this time next week.

-- Jonathan

On Thursday, January 23, 2014, Jonathan Major <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ii0GvvH0RLIJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">jonathan...@...> wrote:

My Scribblings @ <a href="http://wakened-cognition.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwakened-cognition.blogspot.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHzOdYJCASIDF_28vQtkp9gnKAYSQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwakened-cognition.blogspot.com%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHzOdYJCASIDF_28vQtkp9gnKAYSQ';return true;">http://wakened-cognition.blogspot.com/

Re: Comparing test results

Jonathan Major
hi,

so I setup testng to post test results to cuanto (trackyourtests.com) via a gradle listener in a test task - works great! Cuanto comes with an already implemented listener jar.

I will create a blog about it this weekend and update this thread.

-- Jonathan

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:57:07 AM UTC-8, Shawn McCarthy wrote:
I run my tests in Jenkins, and I use the TestNG plugin for Jenkins, and it gives a nice graph of the history of each test (or all the tests).

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:29:10 PM UTC-7, Jonathan Major wrote:
hi,

Is there a way to compare test results against previous runs?

thanks
Jonathan

Re: Comparing test results

Jonathan Major-2
as promised setup of cuanto and how to integrate with gradle.

works really well.

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:59:05 PM UTC-8, Jonathan Major wrote:
hi,

so I setup testng to post test results to cuanto (<a href="http://trackyourtests.com" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftrackyourtests.com\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHgTmr44wdfnUR2_5Ca6I3eABcsVg';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftrackyourtests.com\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHgTmr44wdfnUR2_5Ca6I3eABcsVg';return true;">trackyourtests.com) via a gradle listener in a test task - works great! Cuanto comes with an already implemented listener jar.

I will create a blog about it this weekend and update this thread.

-- Jonathan

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:57:07 AM UTC-8, Shawn McCarthy wrote:
I run my tests in Jenkins, and I use the TestNG plugin for Jenkins, and it gives a nice graph of the history of each test (or all the tests).

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:29:10 PM UTC-7, Jonathan Major wrote:
hi,

Is there a way to compare test results against previous runs?

thanks
Jonathan

RE: Comparing test results

Nordin, Lars P

How about running your tests in Jenkins?

It has the capability of comparing sequential test results.

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Krishnan Mahadevan

You could write your own implementation that does this. There are no implementations for this in TestNG.

On Thursday, January 23, 2014, Jonathan Major <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi,

Is there a way to compare test results against previous runs?

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.