Best way to maintain test data

praveen133t
Hi,

I'm currently using dataprovider and maintaining my test data in an excel sheet like below

TestName

name

dob_month

Year

area

zip

TestCase_001

user1

March

2000

NJ

12345

TestCase_002

user2

April

2001

MS

67890

TestCase_003

user3

May

2002

WI

65667

In this case I'm actually not reusing the data.

So my question is where can I maintain the data well and what's the best place to have my data? XML? XLS? CSV? Text File? Properties?

Also pls give me an example if you could.'

Thanks!

Re: Best way to maintain test data

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝
Storing data in a DB would be good as well especially in a In Memory DB like h2Db.
Because this lets you put in data using the DB lingo but the DB
Itself is a flat file in your local system.

~ Krishnan

iSent. iPhone. iReget.iTypos!

On 05-Jun-2014, at 0:59, Tushaar <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sashi

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

IMG_20140605_083204.jpg (272K) Download Attachment

Re: Best way to maintain test data

kiri-3
We use XML based approach.

https://github.com/vmware/data-driven-framework