Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

12

Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

Cédric Beust ♔-2
This is mostly a bug fix release but if you were seeing OutOfMemoryExceptions while generating reports, then you might want to update to this version (especially if you're using Selenium).

Release notes:

6.8.15:

Fixed: OutOfMemoryException while generating reports.
Fixed: GITHUB-566: Build does not fail when successPercentage for @Test is not met (Vladislav Rassokhin)
Fixed: XmlTest#setGroupInstances was not being shown in toXml().
Fixed: GITHUB-376: Some results can be lost (Konstantin Savin).
Fixed: Handle relative paths of Suite XML files properly (Nalin Makar)

Re: Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

Nagesh
Thanks for the release Cédric! I noticed that with the latest version (6.8.15), my Maven build is failing due to the error below. I don't see this issue with 6.8.13. I tried updating maven-failsafe-plugin to 2.18.1, but got the same error.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.18:integration-test (webdrivertest) on project g2t-webdriver: Execution webdrivertest of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.18:integration-test failed: There was an error in the forked process
[ERROR] java.lang.NullPointerException
[ERROR] at org.testng.Reporter.log(Reporter.java:76)
[ERROR] at org.testng.Reporter.log(Reporter.java:121)
[ERROR] at com.axiom.turbo.webdriver.TestListener.onStart(TestListener.java:21)
[ERROR] at org.testng.SuiteRunner.invokeListeners(SuiteRunner.java:199)
[ERROR] at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:252)
[ERROR] at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.runSuite(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:52)
[ERROR] at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.run(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:86)
[ERROR] at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesSequentially(TestNG.java:1224)
[ERROR] at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:1149)
[ERROR] at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:1057)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGExecutor.run(TestNGExecutor.java:295)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGXmlTestSuite.execute(TestNGXmlTestSuite.java:84)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGProvider.invoke(TestNGProvider.java:90)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:203)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:155)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginExecutionException

-Nagesh

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 12:07:39 PM UTC-8, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:
This is mostly a bug fix release but if you were seeing OutOfMemoryExceptions while generating reports, then you might want to update to this version (especially if you're using Selenium).

Release notes:

6.8.15:

Fixed: OutOfMemoryException while generating reports.
Fixed: GITHUB-566: Build does not fail when successPercentage for @Test is not met (Vladislav Rassokhin)
Fixed: XmlTest#setGroupInstances was not being shown in toXml().
Fixed: GITHUB-376: Some results can be lost (Konstantin Savin).
Fixed: Handle relative paths of Suite XML files properly (Nalin Makar)

Re: Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

Nagesh
mvn -U clean integration-test -P webdriver-tests -Dtest.suite.path=src/test/java/com/axiom/turbo/webdriver/suites/test.xml -Dtest.env=rc1

-Nagesh

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Nagesh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="VwVE8rSbYbwJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">nagesh....@...> wrote:

[ERROR] [Help 1] <a href="http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginExecutionException" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2FMAVEN%2FPluginExecutionException\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGMdo0FgJibmNU8Z0IANDLAA0B6Bg';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2FMAVEN%2FPluginExecutionException\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGMdo0FgJibmNU8Z0IANDLAA0B6Bg';return true;">http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginExecutionException

-Nagesh

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 12:07:39 PM UTC-8, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:
This is mostly a bug fix release but if you were seeing OutOfMemoryExceptions while generating reports, then you might want to update to this version (especially if you're using Selenium).

Release notes:

6.8.15:

Fixed: OutOfMemoryException while generating reports.
Fixed: GITHUB-566: Build does not fail when successPercentage for @Test is not met (Vladislav Rassokhin)
Fixed: XmlTest#setGroupInstances was not being shown in toXml().
Fixed: GITHUB-376: Some results can be lost (Konstantin Savin).
Fixed: Handle relative paths of Suite XML files properly (Nalin Makar)

Re: Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

Sergey Kuts-2

I've tried to update ReportNG (https://github.com/dwdyer/reportng) with this new TestNG version and now when I run tests with mvn clean test, execution is not started at all. I don't see any exceptions in logs, just 0 passed : 0 failed : 0 skipped in console. To be honest, I've also tried 6.8.13 version with ReportNG and tests were successfully started. So something prevents execution in this new version. Any ideas?

Note: I use ReportNG listener in maven-surefire-plugin (latest). And ReportNG itself was built with 6.8.15 TestNG dependency.

Thanks,
Sergey

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 10:07:39 PM UTC+2, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:
This is mostly a bug fix release but if you were seeing OutOfMemoryExceptions while generating reports, then you might want to update to this version (especially if you're using Selenium).

Release notes:

6.8.15:

Fixed: OutOfMemoryException while generating reports.
Fixed: GITHUB-566: Build does not fail when successPercentage for @Test is not met (Vladislav Rassokhin)
Fixed: XmlTest#setGroupInstances was not being shown in toXml().
Fixed: GITHUB-376: Some results can be lost (Konstantin Savin).
Fixed: Handle relative paths of Suite XML files properly (Nalin Makar)

Re: Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

Sergey Kuts-2
By the way, could you please clarify this fix:

Fixed: Handle relative paths of Suite XML files properly (Nalin Makar)

Maybe the issue, I've mentioned above, is related to paths changes? As I'm using the following construction:

<suiteXmlFiles>
    <suiteXmlFile>src/test/resources/suite/${suites}.xml</suiteXmlFile>
</suiteXmlFiles>

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 10:07:39 PM UTC+2, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:
This is mostly a bug fix release but if you were seeing OutOfMemoryExceptions while generating reports, then you might want to update to this version (especially if you're using Selenium).

Release notes:

6.8.15:

Fixed: OutOfMemoryException while generating reports.
Fixed: GITHUB-566: Build does not fail when successPercentage for @Test is not met (Vladislav Rassokhin)
Fixed: XmlTest#setGroupInstances was not being shown in toXml().
Fixed: GITHUB-376: Some results can be lost (Konstantin Savin).
Fixed: Handle relative paths of Suite XML files properly (Nalin Makar)

Re: Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

Nagesh
Still getting the same error.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.18.1:integration-test (webdrivertest) on project g2t-webdriver: Execution webdrivertest of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.18.1:integration-test failed: There was an error in the forked process
[ERROR] java.lang.NullPointerException
[ERROR] at org.testng.Reporter.log(Reporter.java:76)
[ERROR] at org.testng.Reporter.log(Reporter.java:121)
[ERROR] at com.citrix.g2t.webdriver.TestListener.onStart(TestListener.java:21)

-Nagesh

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 12:08:43 PM UTC-8, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:
6.8.17 is now on Maven Central, can you try again?

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Sergey Kuts <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="qlA3_8CJYfwJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">sergey...@...> wrote:
Hi,

I've tried to update ReportNG (<a href="https://github.com/dwdyer/reportng" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fdwdyer%2Freportng\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNExezxfcuMmqAfNK_c9jQQigLZ8Qg';return true;" onclick="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fdwdyer%2Freportng\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNExezxfcuMmqAfNK_c9jQQigLZ8Qg';return true;">https://github.com/dwdyer/reportng) with this new TestNG version and now when I run tests with mvn clean test, execution is not started at all. I don't see any exceptions in logs, just 0 passed : 0 failed : 0 skipped in console. To be honest, I've also tried 6.8.13 version with ReportNG and tests were successfully started. So something prevents execution in this new version. Any ideas?

[...]

Is anyone else seeing this error with 6.8.17?

Nagesh, are you sure you're using 6.8.17? Can you try deleting ~/.m2/repository/org/testng, rerun maven and see which versions it downloaded?

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Nagesh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

​Yes, I am using 6.8.17 (confirmed by looking at the downloaded jars). I followed your instructions and deleted ~/.m2/repository/org/testng directory and re-ran Maven. Still seeing the same error unfortunately. If you'd like to see the entire log from the run, let me know and I'll send it to you in a separate email.

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 25.294 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-01-15T21:54:42-08:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 32M/123M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.18.1:integration-test (webdrivertest) on project turbo-webdriver: Execution webdrivertest of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.18.1:integration-test failed: There was an error in the forked process

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Nagesh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="4FBx_4sgWVAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">nagesh....@...> wrote:

I've tried to update ReportNG (<a href="https://github.com/dwdyer/reportng" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fdwdyer%2Freportng\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNExezxfcuMmqAfNK_c9jQQigLZ8Qg';return true;" onclick="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fdwdyer%2Freportng\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNExezxfcuMmqAfNK_c9jQQigLZ8Qg';return true;">https://github.com/dwdyer/reportng) with this new TestNG version and now when I run tests with mvn clean test, execution is not started at all. I don't see any exceptions in logs, just 0 passed : 0 failed : 0 skipped in console. To be honest, I've also tried 6.8.13 version with ReportNG and tests were successfully started. So something prevents execution in this new version. Any ideas?

[...]

Ajith V L
I am seeing the same error with testng 6.8.17. I also tried deleting testng from m2 repo and i can see 6.8.17 shown in maven dependency in IntelliJ.

It fails at the the below line for me
        Reporter.log(" - " + message);

Did something change in Reporter.log() ?

Thanks,
-Ajith

On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 9:16:40 AM UTC, Sergey Kuts wrote:
[...]

praveen133t
Cedric,

I face the same NPE in surefire plugin after updating testng. I tried everything. But it didn't get fixed.

Thanks!

Re: Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

Krishnan Mahadevan
Praveen,

I have submitted a pull request which attempts at fixing this problem. https://github.com/cbeust/testng/pull/597

Once this is merged this problem should be fixed.

My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/

On 30/01/15 9:03 pm, "praveen133t" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cedric,

I face the same NPE in surefire plugin after updating testng. I tried
everything. But it didn't get fixed.

Thanks!

Re: Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

Umashankar Sharma
Hi ,

I am using version 6.8.17 and trying to run my classes in parallel programmatically. When I run it using the eclipse plugin it works very fine.
Running it through java program after creating TestNG.xml  it does not run in parallel. I used Thread.currentThread.getId() and got same for both the classes.

Below is my programmatically created xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">

<suite name="Test Suite" parallel="classes">

<test name="test_with_firefox">

<classes>

<class name="com.test.MyFirstTest"/>

<class name="com.test.MySecondTest"/>

</classes>

</test> <!-- test_with_firefox -->

</suite>

Please Help!

Thanks

Uma

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 01:37:39 UTC+5:30, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:
This is mostly a bug fix release but if you were seeing OutOfMemoryExceptions while generating reports, then you might want to update to this version (especially if you're using Selenium).

Release notes:

6.8.15:

Fixed: OutOfMemoryException while generating reports.
Fixed: GITHUB-566: Build does not fail when successPercentage for @Test is not met (Vladislav Rassokhin)
Fixed: XmlTest#setGroupInstances was not being shown in toXml().
Fixed: GITHUB-376: Some results can be lost (Konstantin Savin).
Fixed: Handle relative paths of Suite XML files properly (Nalin Makar)

Re: Announcing TestNG 6.8.15

sudha c
Hi  Uma,

try  by  giving thread counts(no of instances) it may works
Eg:

<suite name="Test Suite" parallel="classes"  thread-counts="2">

<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "<a href="http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.org%2Ftestng-1.0.dtd\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFHihXzQ1YlwcxcDehnw97TuniFLA';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Ftestng.org%2Ftestng-1.0.dtd\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFHihXzQ1YlwcxcDehnw97TuniFLA';return true;">http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">

[...]

Mrunal Gosar
Umashankar. you did not specify the thread-count attribute in suite tag.