Announcing TestNG 5.5

Cédric Beust ♔
Hi everyone,

I just pushed TestNG 5.5 and the corresponding Eclipse plug-in (5.5.0.0) to the web site.

Please try them and let me know if you find any issue before I announce it on the mailing-list.

The list of changes is included below.

5.5

Fixed: @BeforeGroup methods were run twice when in a base class
Fixed: @BeforeGroup methods were run twice with a @Test at class level
Fixed: parallel="tests" didn't work as advertised
Added: Support for thread-count at test level
Added: Method selectors receive a Context and can stop the chain with setStopped()
Fixed: XmlMethodSelector was always run first regardless of its priority
Added: @BeforeGroups/@AfterGroups can live in classes without @Test methods
Added: DataProvider can now take an ITestContext parameter
Fixed: Wasn't parsing <selector-class-name> correctly
Fixed: Annotation Transformers now work on class-level annotations
Fixed: Some class-level @Test attributes were not always honored
Added: Clean separation between @Test invocation events and @Configuration invocation events
       (see also TESTNG-111)
Added: Test instances created by @Factory now run in multiple threads in parallel mode
Fixed: @Before/@AfterGroups invocation order
Fixed: TESTNG-27: Parameters are not used on <test> level anymore
Fixed: TESTNG-107 don't create an output directory if "outputDirectory" is null
Fixed: TESTNG-127 UseDefaultListeners in Ant Task does not work
Fixed: TESTNG-119 Running TestNG runner with invalid '-sourcedir' on JDK14 JavaDoc annotated test classes won't fail.
Fixed: TESTNG-113 Dependent methods within the same static inner class are not found
Fixed: TESTNG-125 TestNG failed for test classes under *.java*.* pakages

Eclipse plug-in
Fixed: issue with launch configuration
Fixed: TESTNG-124: setting location of testng reports output

Re: Announcing TestNG 5.5

Mark Derricutt
Just pushed out the IDEA plugin using this as well...

On 1/26/07, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just pushed TestNG 5.5 and the corresponding Eclipse plug-in (<a href="http://5.5.0.0" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> 5.5.0.0) to the web site.

Re: Announcing TestNG 5.5

perreaultj

I am a user, I saw Cedric's note and tried to update my plugin
(currently at 5.4.0.0) from within Eclipse. Eclipse downloads the new
plugin, but then reports the following error when trying to install:

Unable to complete action for feature "org.testng.eclipse" due to
errors.
  The File
"C:\DOCUME~1\PERREA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\eclipse\.update\1169823141437\1169823141438\eclipse14552.tmp"
is not a valid JAR file. [invalid CEN header (bad signature)]
  The File
"C:\DOCUME~1\PERREA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\eclipse\.update\1169823141437\1169823141438\eclipse14552.tmp"
is not a valid JAR file. [invalid CEN header (bad signature)]

i.e. two failed attempts to operate on this .tmp file.

When I look in this tmp download directory, I see two .tmp files and a
feature.xml file. Using 7-zip I can open and inspect both .tmp files.
One contains the feature.xml, which apparently was extracted
successfully. The other .tmp contains the plugin (but beyond this I
don't know much about jar/zip file formats so I don't know the reason
for the problem with the plugin .tmp).

Jason

Re: Announcing TestNG 5.5

Cédric Beust ♔
Hi Jason,

You are right, there was a problem.  It should be fixed now with 5.5.0.1.

Sorry about that.