Announcing TestNG 5.4

Cédric Beust ♔
I realized that I never formally announced the new release, sorry about this.

TestNG 5.4 and TestNG Eclipse 5.4.0.0 are now available from your usual places.  Here is the change log.

5.4

Fixed: Ant task issue with paths containing spaces
Added: for @BeforeGroups and @AfterGroups specifying the groups() attribute will auto-include the method
             into those groups by default (previously you had to also provide the value() attribute).
Added: the load @Tests (invocationCount + threadPoolSize) are triggered simultaneous
Fixed: reports are correctly displaying the thread info
Added: @DataProvider name defaults to method name
Added: support for remote protocol to pass parameter information
Fixed: TextReporter logs information about the parameters of the test methods
Fixed: concurrency issue in JUnitXMLReporter
Fixed: output of JUnitXMLReporter must be CDATA
Fixed: XML unsupported annotations/parallel attribute values are reported

Eclipse plug-in
Fixed: groups with multi-attribute javadoc annotations
Fixed: consistent behavior for dependsOnMethods
Fixed: consistent behavior for tests with dependsOnGroups (a warning is emitted)
Fixed: consistent merge of configuration arguments when an existing launch configuration exists

Re: Announcing TestNG 5.4

Alexandru Popescu ☀
On 12/14/06, Cédric Beust ♔ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I realized that I never formally announced the new release, sorry about
> this.
>
> TestNG 5.4 and TestNG Eclipse 5.4.0.0 are now available from your usual
> places.  Here is the change log.
>
> 5.4
>
> Fixed: Ant task issue with paths containing spaces
> Added: for @BeforeGroups and @AfterGroups specifying the groups() attribute
> will auto-include the method
>              into those groups by default (previously you had to also
> provide the value() attribute).
> Added: the load @Tests (invocationCount + threadPoolSize) are triggered
> simultaneous
> Fixed: reports are correctly displaying the thread info
> Added: @DataProvider name defaults to method name
> Added: support for remote protocol to pass parameter information
> Fixed: TextReporter logs information about the parameters of the test
> methods
> Fixed: concurrency issue in JUnitXMLReporter
> Fixed: output of JUnitXMLReporter must be CDATA
> Fixed: XML unsupported annotations/parallel attribute values are reported
>
> Eclipse plug-in
> Fixed: groups with multi-attribute javadoc annotations
> Fixed: consistent behavior for dependsOnMethods
> Fixed: consistent behavior for tests with dependsOnGroups (a warning is
> emitted)
> Fixed: consistent merge of configuration arguments when an existing launch
> configuration exists

And after this I have already fixed a couple more bugs :-).

>  >

Re: Announcing TestNG 5.4

TslH
Hello,

I was using testng 4.7 due to JDK1.4 legacy. Now I start a new project where I can choose newer JDK, so I'll give a try to JDK 1.6 ;)

So, new JDK, new TestNG version but... I couldn't find 5.4 release anywhere (googlecode :nothing, testng.org: <=5.3, repo: <= 5.1). Where can I find your latest release? Did someone test it with a JDK 1.6?

Thanks by advance.

TestNG 5.4 and TestNG Eclipse <a href="http://5.4.0.0" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">5.4.0.0 are now available from your usual places.  Here is the change log.

--
C dric

Re: Announcing TestNG 5.4

Alexandru Popescu ☀

The latest downloads you can find on
http://testng.org/doc/download.html are for TestNG 5.4. Lately I've
been using JDK6 (not in production though).

On 1/8/07, TslH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was using testng 4.7 due to JDK1.4 legacy. Now I start a new project where
> I can choose newer JDK, so I'll give a try to JDK 1.6 ;)
>
> So, new JDK, new TestNG version but... I couldn't find 5.4 release anywhere
> (googlecode :nothing, testng.org: <=5.3, repo: <= 5.1). Where can I find
> your latest release? Did someone test it with a JDK 1.6?
>
> Thanks by advance.
>
> 2006/12/14, C dric Beust < [hidden email]>:
> > I realized that I never formally announced the new release, sorry about
> this.
> >
> > TestNG 5.4 and TestNG Eclipse 5.4.0.0 are now available from your usual
> places.  Here is the change log.
> >
> > 5.4
> >
> > Fixed: Ant task issue with paths containing spaces
> > Added: for @BeforeGroups and @AfterGroups specifying the groups()
> attribute will auto-include the method
> >              into those groups by default (previously you had to also
> provide the value() attribute).
> > Added: the load @Tests (invocationCount + threadPoolSize) are triggered
> simultaneous
> > Fixed: reports are correctly displaying the thread info
> > Added: @DataProvider name defaults to method name
> > Added: support for remote protocol to pass parameter information
> > Fixed: TextReporter logs information about the parameters of the test
> methods
> > Fixed: concurrency issue in JUnitXMLReporter
> > Fixed: output of JUnitXMLReporter must be CDATA
> > Fixed: XML unsupported annotations/parallel attribute values are reported
> >
> > Eclipse plug-in
> > Fixed: groups with multi-attribute javadoc annotations
> > Fixed: consistent behavior for dependsOnMethods
> > Fixed: consistent behavior for tests with dependsOnGroups (a warning is
> emitted)
> > Fixed: consistent merge of configuration arguments when an existing launch
> configuration exists
> >

> > --
> > C dric
> >

>  >

Re: Announcing TestNG 5.4

TslH

2007/1/8, Alexandru Popescu <[hidden email]>:

The latest downloads you can find on
http://testng.org/doc/download.html are for TestNG 5.4. Lately I've
been using JDK6 (not in production though).

Argh! I searched at the bottom of the page with the old releases... Thanks to point me it.
If I meet a jdk6 problem, I'll let you know.

Have a nice day.