ANT tool to execute our testNG suite as per priority

ANT tool to execute our testNG suite as per priority

Vikas
Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for your response.

Can you provide your input on below query as well?

We use ANT tool to execute our testNG suite (all tests) through command line. can we send groups value( in our case priority) dynamically as one parameter. so that it would automatically execute specified priority test cases from test suite? we do not want to create separate test suites for each priority level.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Vikas

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Venkatesh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
you need @Test only for actual test method, super class method does not need @Test.

@Test signifies the test you intend to run don't use it for helper methods.

On Thursday, 12 September 2013 22:57:12 UTC+5:30, vikas shitole wrote:
Hi Alex,

 Thanks a lot for your input. I have some followup questions

1. By using groups feature. :

  My tests are designed as follows:
>>>Every test have i)test setup method  ii)actual test method iii)cleanup method
>>>I need to use annotation (@Test) for each method. am I right?
>>>If say, this test class extends one base class. do we need to add @Test annotation with groups even for super class method as well?

2. we use ANT tool to execute our testNG suite (all tests) through command line. can we send groups value( in our case priority) dynamically as one parameter. so that it would automatically execute specified priority test cases from test suite? we do not want to create separate test suites for each priority level.

Thanks in advance.

-Vikas

On Wednesday, 11 September 2013 12:02:29 UTC+5:30, drapostolos wrote:

Maybe you could use groups? See chapter 5.2 http://testng.org/doc/documentation-main.html#test-groups

/Alex